• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fattie Hattie

Lillian

Warren Veteran
Hattie seems to get fatter everyday :shock: Shes always been big girl, but since her daughter Winnie had babies Hattie has got seriously overweight, she eats all the food she can find. Today was the last straw, for 3 days in a row we have had to clean her bottom because she can't hold herself up to clean herself properly. So i decided from now on Hattie is joining my bunny fat fighters club :lol: She is having her rabbit food reduced, and is going to have to run around for 30 minutes every evening! She has started Bunny Fat Fighters today :) She is having her diet changed so she gets plenty of hay and grass. Surprisingly enough she can run really fast when she wants to! Here's some photos of Hatties first run, well more like rest :roll:

Boo gives her some encouragement
hattie017.jpg

hattie018.jpg

Stretching her legs
hattie021.jpg

There wasn't alot of action, a few quick runs around the garden, then lots of relaxing
hattie023.jpg

She's like a living bunny cushion
hattie029.jpg

hattie031.jpg

Awww just look at that face :love:
hattie027.jpg

Boo says he loves being a bunny herder (he thinks hes sheepdog :roll:)
hattie033.jpg

I'm hoping (if all goes well) to keep everyone upto date her Hatties progress

Great photo's!

Poor Hattie, she is on the rather large side isn't she!

I have a frenchie (5.5kg) who tends to get porky, as she lives with a tiny nethie (0.975g!) so she eats like a hoover and gets as much as possible, as quickly as possible.

She has about 2.5 hours free time in the garden, but spends lots of that in various lying down positions, just like Hattie!

What breed is she?

Great photo's!

Poor Hattie, she is on the rather large side isn't she!

I have a frenchie (5.5kg) who tends to get porky, as she lives with a tiny nethie (0.975g!) so she eats like a hoover and gets as much as possible, as quickly as possible.

She has about 2.5 hours free time in the garden, but spends lots of that in various lying down positions, just like Hattie!

What breed is she?

We were told she is a continental x dwarf lop. Hattie is in a run all day but doesnt move at all. So we are hoping free time in the garden will get her moving

:lol:
We were told she is a continental x dwarf lop. Hattie is in a run all day but doesnt move at all. So we are hoping free time in the garden will get her moving

yeh thats a good idea cus she will want to explore! vibes for hattie getting thin!

Aww she is so pretty. She is a bit on the large size bless her, that few mins run must of worn her out :lol:

Is she dreamas and simbas grandma? Do you have apick of there mum also?

She's almost as big as Milly. I'm glad you are taking steps now to slim her down. Hay and grass is all she needs for a week or so..that and running around the garden..she'll be a different bun.:lol:

Aww she is so pretty. She is a bit on the large size bless her, that few mins run must of worn her out :lol:

Is she dreamas and simbas grandma? Do you have apick of there mum also?

Yes Hattie is the grandma.
This is Roo Simbas mum
935d9148.jpg

Hattie, Winnie (Dreamas mum) & Roo (Simbas mum)
d86b98bb.jpg

Naughty daddy Hazel-Rah
DSCF0038.jpg

I forgot you weren't around to know the story about all the bunnies. I had two boys Greg (R.I.P) and Hazel and i met Hattie in a petshop, she looked a mess and was being bullied by the other rabbits. We went home but kept thinking about her and after a week my parents said we'd go back and see if she was still there. And she was, so we asked about her and they said she was a 16 week old male continental x dwarf lop. We bought her and gave her a shed of her own to live in. I said i'm sure hes a girl when we got back home and i was right. We had her two weeks and were shocked when we discovered she had had 5 babies!

My mum contacted the petshop and was nice to them explaining what had happened and the petshop owner shouted at my mum :shock: told her we had to take all the babies to the petshop immediately, as they were there property. They said them babies are worth £50 each, bring them straight back. My mum tried to explain that we could not move the babies, but the owner kept on then my mum got alittle rude back :oops::lol:. And said we paid from her, she is our rabbit and therefore WE own the babies! And we ended up keeping all of them. 3 girls Roo, Winnie and Bernard :oops: and 2 boys Violet :oops: and Bugs. Bernard was put to sleep at 13 weeks old because she got myxi :cry:

Then one day in May Winnie and Roo jumped on there hutch and over there fence into the garden where the boys were out in there runs. Hazel saw the girls and dug out and my mum found Roo, Winnie and Hazel running around loose in the garden and caught them. Then june 24th Winnie and Roo had 5 babies each, one of Roo's died at two days old :(

We had Hattie spayed when her babies were 8 weeks old, she also had a tumor removed from her tummy. All the boys are off the be neutered in September, then the girls are going after the boys have recovered.

Aww what a pudgy little one you got hehe, nice long hoppy time in garden just a little more everyday and she'll slim down nicely :lol: be's a real beauty :love:

When Buu was getting a bit chubby I used to chase her round the garden with their carry box for the vets :oops: Im so mean but she knew exactly what it was and it got her moving, because she was never actually put in the box as I only wanted her to see me with it and run its like a game now :roll: :lol: I dont have to carry the box anymore but she loves being chased and then turning round and chasing me, I think its cute and she must be soooo clever :love:

Anyone watching me when I used to do it with the box must have thought I was a right idiot though, running round the garden after her with it for hours and then stopping, putting the box down and telling her to get into her hutch and in she went :lol:

She is beautiful hun x

When Buu was getting a bit chubby I used to chase her round the garden with their carry box for the vets :oops: Im so mean but she knew exactly what it was and it got her moving, because she was never actually put in the box as I only wanted her to see me with it and run its like a game now :roll: :lol: I dont have to carry the box anymore but she loves being chased and then turning round and chasing me, I think its cute and she must be soooo clever :love:

Anyone watching me when I used to do it with the box must have thought I was a right idiot though, running round the garden after her with it for hours and then stopping, putting the box down and telling her to get into her hutch and in she went :lol:

She is beautiful hun x

:lol: awww bless. My dog Boo chases her, but sometimes she gets annoyed and turns around and chases him :lol:. Boo is a great dog, when a rabbit gets lose he herds it straight back to where its supposed to be. Hes a very gentle dog :love: my other dogs go nuts if they see a rabbit running around, so they have to be shut indoors. We used to have free range rabbits Stanley and Tilly but after we got our dog Ollie they had to be kept in a run cos Ollie bites everything :roll: typical terrier!

Back