• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone visited 'Rabbit Rescue' in Northants recently?

Towsbuns

Mama Doe
Just wondered cus there is a bun on their website that I am a bit smitten with - not currently considering a third but have space etc. Just hoping their website is out of date and she is happily settled in a new home.:lol::lol: Currently thinking of giving them a call but know that would be fatal !!

Let me know if you go, I've been looking at there website too as they are asking for people to take on some of there permanent buns that have problems and I need a companion for Gracie since loosing Evie.

I don't really know much about them and wonder what it's like, sounds good from the website :)

I'm in exactly the same position as you Julie - my passion is for Nethies and there is a gorgeous one desparate for a home but it is some way from where I live. However I will be making a long trip across the country soon and this would be a minor detour. Like you I keep hoping someone will have him and thereby remove temptation! :lol:

I got both my buns from Alice in Gloucestershire BirdieBuns, she's absolutely lovely and is spot on with her descriptions of their personnalities!

I'm in exactly the same position as you Julie - my passion is for Nethies and there is a gorgeous one desparate for a home but it is some way from where I live. However I will be making a long trip across the country soon and this would be a minor detour. Like you I keep hoping someone will have him and thereby remove temptation! :lol:

I got both my buns from Alice in Gloucestershire BirdieBuns, she's absolutely lovely and is spot on with her descriptions of their personnalities!

Alice is one of the nicest, most caring people ever, she does a brilliant job with all the bunnies she gets in, she is fabulous

Couldn't have put it better myself :D. Just wished I lived closer so I could help out more with hutch cleaning and fostering.

Alice had a lionhead that was white and grey with gorgeous blue eyes recently and I must say blues eyes are really striking on a bun.

Last edited:
I don't even have that excuse - this is 10 minutes from where I live. Hugo's There - I have been to this rescue before. I have boarded a couple of bunnies there a few year's ago.

Possibly - will think about it - may ring tomorrow - hesitating as my two were easiest bonding ever - love at first sight - and don't want to upset them.

Does that mean another pair possibly :D ?
Sorry but I can't encourage you to go ahead cos if I do I'll be persuading myself to do exactly the same thing! I've seen how addictive keeping bunnies is on this site and I'm already teatering on the edge of a very slippery slope here! HELP!:lol::lol:

Called - she's gone. Thought I would be pleased - now think I have missed out. Keep finding myself in the rabbits in need thread too...

I got both my two from there.

The woman who runs it is amazing and I still ring her for advice. If you are looking for something in particular, it's worth ringing her and having a chat because she will let you know if a rabbit comes in that she thinks will be suitable.

I donate by direct debit to them monthly and when I get a chance, I pop over with veg, they do such an amazing job that I try to help in any way I can.

Back