• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Planning the shed - U/D 2 Finished :)

just wondered if i could get opinions on a possible plan for our new rabbit/guinea home.
shedplan.jpg

is that adequate size for each? they can have access to all areas all the time.
the barriers seperating them would be high enough so they couldnt possibly get into each other, im debating on whether the barrier should be solid wood so they cant see each other, or wood and wire mesh so they can see but not reach each other.

oh, the run will be roofed as well
thoughts please :)

Last edited:
Looks brill to me. Are you sure you don't want to build in it my garden instead. I have some piggies and buns who'd love it! :lol::lol::lol:

Looks great! Afraid I don't have any experience of piggies but that's certainly a good size for the buns - what lucky little people they'll be!

wow! that looks fab!

can i be a clown tho and ask... how are you going to get in the piggies side? :oops::oops:

Rofl!!! Good question mai!! However, it looks brilliant, well planned :D They will be living like kings/queens :)

Looks great! What are you planning to make the ramps out of and how are you planning to attach them to the shelves? I have a 8x6 arriving next week and have been planning the layout :).

Looks great! What are you planning to make the ramps out of and how are you planning to attach them to the shelves? I have a 8x6 arriving next week and have been planning the layout :).

im going to use a plank of wood with carpet on it and attach with hinges under the shelf.

im going to use a plank of wood with carpet on it and attach with hinges under the shelf.

Thanks. I saw this suggested the other day and thought it was a pretty good idea, at least much easier than the one I had in mind. Would love to see some pictures when it's all done.

wel, the run is almost complete but due to lack of funds things are on hold for a week or so, so we have made it safe for the guineas to run out in the day :)

A FEW DAYS AGO
PICT0511-1.jpg

MY HELPERS
PICT0517-1.jpg

TODAY
PICT0542-1-1.jpg

PICT0552-1.jpg

That's really impressive. It looks so well put together, congrats! You must be thrilled with how it's turned out. Thanks for the pics!

FOund the thread all by myself :lol: Looking good, do let me know when it's nearing completion.

Sorry, but I just don't think that looks big enough to keep all 4 of them in there permanently:lol::lol::lol:

Set up looks ace! Are you double wiring between buns and pigs in case anyone gets their nose bitten?

hehe, well it keeps them quiet for a short while ;)

yep, ill be double wiring all of it for extra safety :)

Lucy, will let you know the minute it is done :D

WOW!! That looks Fantastic. And I mean...FANTASTIC!!!

Have you got any pics of the inside, I bet it looks fab!

The buns and piggies are going to LOVE that!!:)
Jack:D

Back