• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

funny story with question in regards to grooming

areia

Wise Old Thumper
well starts like this poor toffee really doesnt like driving (mind you i would find it funny with his front paws on the steering wheel with humbug on the pedals)
so after they had been for there jabs his sticky bottom starts again and being a hot day i was more worried about flies,

now normaly i would have help and i would cut the fur round his bottom and clean any other areas, but as i was on my own i decided to give him a bottom bath, well in the bath using the shower as ive found this less stressfull, now im washing his botty fine hes being a very good boy sitting on the towel, then some idiot with his bike does a massive rev outside my house thus one freaked bun whos jumps out the bath me with shower head, dropped it thus its turned onto me and i fell in the bath with a bemused bun stareing at me :evil: i was soaked, and my son saying not just toffee who looks like a drowned rat then cheers luv

question do people find it easier to groom a bun while still wet or just give a really good rub then groom once they have groomed themselves dry, this is more for those who have long haired buns, i mean i did groom him with a metal comb while wet, i was thinking does it make a differance when fur is wet does it become more knotty

Well now Ive managed to stop laughing & picked myself off the floor I can answer your question. Having had to wash a long haired bun, Nibbles (RIP) I found it easier to brush while wet because otherwise the knots become very difficult to remove once the fur is dried. In the end it all depends on when bun will let you brush him

cheers:D i can laugh at it now it was like a scene from a comedy legs akimbo vest top totaly soaked along with face and hair as the shower head just HAD to turn right into my face :roll: the fact toffee didnt run a hide told me he found it highly humorous and he just sat and stared at me, two rats together

i have a loverly couple interested in these two so i will warn them :lol: and advise best way, luckely hes a very very good boy, and will let you do all the required checks on him unlike his brother whos a pickle

Back