• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Annoyed with family

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
I used to be able to let the bunnies out for some garden time, but my dad has decided to cut down the hedge that seperates next door's garden from ours, It has left a very low 'wall' with only a bit of mesh so that means I cant let any of them out for garden time as they would escape to next door and my parents have said they wont make the wall higher or anything because it will make the garden look 'ugly' :?. Now Eclipse will have to stay in his 7ft run which he has during the day (he goes into a 4ft hutch with small run at night) will he get enough exercise from just this for the time being?

Yeah, I guess I could.. just worried about them climing it :lol: I dont know about Eclipse, but I know Jazz would. :shock:

Mine can climb about 4 feet up and then they just get stuck so I've had to make mine quite high

Any chance of a compromise and you and your buns being allowed to have part of the garden for yourselves which you could fence off?

Nope, Jazz and Gizmo already have a fenced off area for themselves as Eclipse lives alone He is the only one I have issues' if thats the right word letting out at the moment the garden is only small and I'm not allowed anything bigger than what he's got at the moment. the rest of the garden has a climbing frame etc for my brother.

:shock: Gosh it is a tricky problem. All I can suggest is sharing play area with brother Eclipse uses it late evening when brothers indoors, or sharing Jazz and Gizmo's run using it when they're tucked up in their hutches. Alternatively Eclipse becomes a house bun. Non of these are easy or practical.

Perhaps your dad will relent once he sees how difficult it is for Eclipse to have a run and let you use something else as a fence that doesn't block the light/views.

Well, my mum is scared of the bunnies (she actuly runs away :shock: ) so the house bun option I can't really go for..its a shame because he's a single bun and id love for him to be inside, I also dont have space in my room with it being full of fish tanks leaving chewing wires quite a hazard :( If Eclipse goes near Jazz and Gizmos, Jazz starts chasing Gizmo. Guess I should just keep on at my dad.. at least he has a bigger area for now then some bunnies have. :)

Back