• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

At what age are rabbits fully grown?

babyboysmommy

Young Bun
At what age are rabbits fully grown? We have a dutch cross, we don't know what he is crossed with. We were told he wouldn't grow much bigger but the vet said she thinks 'he's going to be one big bunny'.

The photo below was taken at 9 weeks.

Many thanks, Anna

gosh he does look big in that pic for 9 wks!

He's my first rabbit so I just took their word for it when they said he wont grow much bigger (we got him from a children's farm). Having said that I never had a preference for what size rabbit we had so am now rather looking forward to seeing just how big he will grow :) He is a very friendly little boy & really loves to play. The children have great fun making him things to play with out of cardboard boxes, tubes & hay. He's 4 months old now & is being nutered on Monday.

He looks big but his face is kind of "childish" Somehow I just knew he wasn't fully grown..
Medium breeds grow to about 8 months or more.

He really is adorable. I never realised just how wonderful rabbits were... :love:

The bug has hit you too! :D Next you'll be having a 'friend' for your bun then you'll think about having another pair because they look so cute in the rabbits in need section... There is no escaping this disease. :lol:

Back