• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sally's newest escape attempt!

H Maughan

Mama Doe
It's typical you just get comfortable in bed and your security light switches on outside. Me being hugely paranoid about theives and such immediately got myself out of bed to look out at the garden.. expecting to be finding something hugely suspicious going on in the garden. To my surprise I found that it wasn't a thief but a more suspicious character taking the form of my grey mini lop sally pranching around the garden like she owns the place!
If the garden was mine i would be happy to have let her stay out more permanently but as things are its my mums garden and she doesn't like her flowers being eaten and flower beds dug up i had to put them away.
So I immediatly vacated my bed and went downstairs to the garden. Sallys companion Lottie who had since escaped immediately saw me and being the bright button she is immediately jumped back into her run and into her hutch. Sally however had different ideas and ran straight into our shed.
It then took me a further 2 attempts to get the shed door shut when she ventured out. Once this was done i was able to catch her within minutes, finding her to be very warm and in a state of hyperactivity:oops:.
I'm just amazed at how clever my bunnies are though. They have a lovely big run but are fully aware of the lush oasis just outside. They have a gate going into their run that would require them to pull it towards themselves to open, so long as it wasn't bolted they could easily escape. Its quite a stiff gate also so it just shows how strong my bunnies are.
Least now i know to bolt their gate as leaving it unbolted will lead to yet another escape. Bless them!:D

Back