• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daily mirror: Covers "Big Bunny Story"

Its awful seeing those poor fat animals. Why can't their owners see they are killing their pets instead of grinning like that! :evil:

My mum told me about this rabbit and it's so sad when people get animals and don't realise how hard they may be to look after etc.Poor Roo, hope the new home is forever and good and the cat :censored: no comment, poor thing. People blah!!!

LOVE IT!!IT IS AMBER AND STUMPY:love::love:THATS THE PROBLEM WHEN THEY ARE IN A PET SHOP AND HAVE LITTLE HUMAN CONTACT:love::love::love:WE MUST GO AND GET ROO

Glad he's found a home with a staff member. Just shows why pet shops shouldn't sell them.

I've seen that Bull somewhere else. Apparently they could all get to that size but often don't get the chance.

I would say that it is the pet shops fault that that poor bun as been back twice, for not giving proper info in the first place.

I don't think you can always judge the animals owners when they get that overweight - one of our cats is huge despite not being treat any differently to the others. She was a stray who just started to come in our house and never left again. We also can't currently put her on a diet as our eldest (16 year old Tom) cat is ill and lost a lot of weight when he took ill, so we need to ensure he has food available all the time for his sake.

You're quite right Steph we shouldn't judge too readily, my poor Marbles ( cat - non at either end! ) suffered fluid retention during his last few months and would look obese.

I have seen quite a few pictures of seriously obese cats, most of them residing in the states and worry about the message pictures like these send out.

we've tried to encourage ours to play more, but I guess with the fact that she was a stray before she eats as much food as she can before there's none left. We had a cat a few years ago who was overweight for that reason (but he was long haired so he did look a lot bigger) but was still happy.
Once we're sure that our elder cat is okay we're going to get the large one we have now (she's called Puddy Muffin) on a diet and get her running about more :D

:wave: my old cat was on mainly boiled white fish..no titbits or treats..a handful of dried food between ehr and her mum..a small handful i add..and she got bigger n bigger n bigger...since her "uncle" snuggles died neither of them were the same and she took to comfort eating before we moved here and wouldnt go outside etc..never really an outdoor cat bless her but she didnt get as fat as those cats:shock: and that poor dog too:cry:

bif my little girly bun has put on loads of weight since i got her from the rescue but in stages...first off because shed been starved where shed come from...event ho shed bene at the rescue for 2 months..she still thought she had to eat and eat or she wouldnt eat again..the first few days i gave in and let ehr eat a little more than i would have but as much as she had at the resuce...when her and oscar were bonded shed often eat what hed leave etc.
shes losing it bit by bit now tho.

that poor big bunny..about the same size as my frenchie doe! the staff could have informed better BUT the owners could have read a book form the library or online about buns behaviour..:censored:

buns all chew at some point..some owrse than others..we had a furry termite..called woozle!! whereas oscar was a dream..never destroyed anything...the others are in between like most rabbits.....honestly what did they think they were playing at bringing ehr back liek that..and howcome they agreed to take ehr back anyway? its in the first 7 or 14 days right? hardly a fair trial for roo:censored:

Back