• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jess might be comming back already.

isla

Mama Doe
I rehomed Jesse last friday and it was horriable to let her go, but it was for the best, however she might be comming back very soon.
Her new owner is having a few problems with space, I gave them the 48 inch dog crate for jesse to be an indoor bun. The crate went in the little girls room, and now the girl is finding it too big to have in her room, and she can't have her toys out at the same time as Jesse.
I think they should move Jesse into the garage in the dog crate, with a nice warm bed, and a pen at the front, and have her come in the house when they are in, and also have a hutch and run combo in the garden for her. Does that seem like an ok idea?

I really was hoping that she'd be ok and settled, and not passed around new owners anymore.

It's whether they're open to suggestions or not. From the very brief details, it sounds like she's gone to be a childs pet without them thoroughly thinking of the responsibility it entails. I hope I'm wrong and that the new owners say "yes, wonderful, we'll do whatever we can for her"

It's whether they're open to suggestions or not. From the very brief details, it sounds like she's gone to be a childs pet without them thoroughly thinking of the responsibility it entails. I hope I'm wrong and that the new owners say "yes, wonderful, we'll do whatever we can for her"

She is both the mother and daughters pet, it was just that the daughters room is a bit bigger (both are still tiny rooms), and they are very good pet owners, who I have known since the girl was a very small baby, and I really do trust them. They say they are inlove with Jesse already (she is THAT great!).

But is there any problems with her living in the garage? When I rehomed her, I actually thought the house was a little too warm, so she might be more comfortable in the colder garage.

I shouldn't think there is a problem with Jesse living in the garage as long as the car doesn't go in there:D

I shouldn't think there is a problem with Jesse living in the garage as long as the car doesn't go in there:D

Nope no car, there is a cat though, that has a sofa (to herself) in the garage, incase she doesn't want to sleep in the house :lol:

Do you think she'll be ok in the winter though? As she is a lone bunny, with no-one to snuggle up to, she is a lone bunny because she turns into crazy, evil rabbit when she is within 5 foot of another bunny.

Hmmm it's a tough one but I'm not sure I'd be happy with a lone bunny living in a garage :? She will be spending a lot of time alone

Hmmm it's a tough one but I'm not sure I'd be happy with a lone bunny living in a garage :? She will be spending a lot of time alone

Yeah, which I don't like either, but she'll be comming in everyday or going in the run, which will be a change of view for her. And I know that she will be kept clean, and fed and watered, with plenty of toys. Alot of rabbits don't even have that.

I'm really confused. If I take her back, I have to rehome her very quickly, and I really don't think I can find a better owner in a short time.

So no chance of bonding her?

I think even the most devoted of owner probably wouldn't spend more than a few hours with a bun, which leaves an awful lot of time alone

So no chance of bonding her?

I think even the most devoted of owner probably wouldn't spend more than a few hours with a bun, which leaves an awful lot of time alone

I don't think she could be bonded, she was spayed a while ago and is still an attack bunny when she see other rabbits. Its a shame because she loves people, and will follow you around like a dog or cat, she 100% litter trained and doesn't touch wires or carpets, she is such an easy indoor bunny. I just feel sorry for her, she had such a :censored: begining in life, and I'd hate for her final years to go that way too.

Some rabbit do actually prefer being on their own. While it's usually possible to bond most rabbits you do get the odd one that is just not accepting of other rabbits. I have a neutered doe like this. She has been tried with countless rabbits and sets out to kill all of them. If she so much as smells another rabbit she turns into a demon. I don't like her being on her own but she seems to be happy enough. She doesn't like people either, so trying to give her attention just stresses her out. She has her daily groom but still won't let me touch her any other time. I'm not sure I would like her to be completely on her own, as she lives in the summerhouse and my two boys live in there too. She is accepting of their presence but just doesn't want to share her space.

Some rabbit do actually prefer being on their own. While it's usually possible to bond most rabbits you do get the odd one that is just not accepting of other rabbits. I have a neutered doe like this. She has been tried with countless rabbits and sets out to kill all of them. If she so much as smells another rabbit she turns into a demon. I don't like her being on her own but she seems to be happy enough. She doesn't like people either, so trying to give her attention just stresses her out. She has her daily groom but still won't let me touch her any other time. I'm not sure I would like her to be completely on her own, as she lives in the summerhouse and my two boys live in there too. She is accepting of their presence but just doesn't want to share her space.

Thats where Jess is different. If she could be with people 24/7 she would!

Thats where Jess is different. If she could be with people 24/7 she would!

Awww she would probably get lonely by herself then, my Poppy is like that and she gets very mopey if we are out too much and stops eating :cry:

Can they have her free range in the front room or something without a cage?

Awww she would probably get lonely by herself then, my Poppy is like that and she gets very mopey if we are out too much and stops eating :cry:

Can they have her free range in the front room or something without a cage?

The lady has a cat that is best kept away from bunnies, so I don't think that would work. I really think the garage at night, a hutch and run combo during the day and a few hours in the house in the evening, while they are watching telly would be a pretty cool life for her.

You can always give it a try and see what happens, I'm sure they'll be able to tell if she's unhappy. Has to be worth a try anyway :D

You can always give it a try and see what happens, I'm sure they'll be able to tell if she's unhappy. Has to be worth a try anyway :D

I love her to live with my 2, and they'd accept her very well and when I get a shed there will be enough room for 3, just I think she might eat them :(

Hi Isla,

Its good that you know they will care for her and provide for her basic needs but will it be enough to keep her occupied and happy? If she likes human company being alone outside may not be nice for her. Does the garage have windows that provide natural light just incase if they don't put her in the hutch/run combo?

In the winter will the cat be indoors more and prevent Jess from coming inside? Also there would be a big temperature change between inside and outside in cold weather. How will the feel about switching the heating off for her?

Hope it all works out for Jess she sounds a cute bunny! :D

Back