• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

randy rabbit?

hardybaby

Warren Scout
hi everyone!! long time no chat!!!!!!

just wondering what advice is on bonding...i am going to bond lucy and dilan but they are too young to be neutered/spayed yet so i cant yet obviously.... do you think i should let them meet now though...i just mean have a smel of each other have a bit ofa run together and become familiar with each other before hand ..obviously they wont be left alone and there will be no hanky panky but is it ok to let them get to know one another or is there no point because they might not like each other after the have been operated on?????

:love:

no i doubt there will be any accidental pregnancy i just mean have brief introductions for about 20mins

Id definately wait until theyve been neutered. rabbits can hump in seconds & no amount of watching them will stop it happening

i would deffiantly wait untill neutered to as i feel you will put stress on them for the teasing bonding as i would call it, and once a buck has his teeth in the back of a doe's neck you wont be able to separate until hes finished, and im my experience of randy bucks as i seem to have them all :lol:even with the brothers they know no shame, they will cling on still for resting before going again, i had linus do this with frosty pretty much on and off with very small breaks for 2 hours honest. also once neutered wait for a 2 weeks at least before starting the bonding process,

Back