• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Going to try again...u/d fight

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
putting my buns in the run outside...

the 7 x 3 foot run i think was too big bcus they fought over it, so i am putting them in a smaller one, only big enough for one rabbit imo, but i want them t get some fresh air as the have been in the utility room since sunday!

Last edited:
RRRRGH!

As soon as they get in the peanut just starts biting everyone, even jelly, he just goes mad n sharts chasing them all :(:(:(

the other 3 get along fine, jelly n pebbles often snuggle as do domin and jelly,:(

ive put them back int he pen and now ther fine?!

my mum n dad want them outside by saturday, and ijusy dnt see it happening, which means i will probabl;y have to seperate them

When you say "chasing" is he actually getting hold of any of the others? Chasing is pretty normal ... my four still do it now occasionally. They have to sort out their hierarchy ...

When you say "chasing" is he actually getting hold of any of the others? Chasing is pretty normal ... my four still do it now occasionally. They have to sort out their hierarchy ...

at first it was, so i let it go and just kept an eye ont hem, but then peanut grabbed domino and kind alike bunyn wrestled him!!

domino got so scared he was sitting by the edge of the run looking at me tocome save him :(

yeh and when you say biting is it just fur pulling and nipping? this too is normal? also i would suggest that the garden probly has a lot of smells in it...try hosing down the area and if its on concrete try neutralising it with white vinegar this may help calm them also does the run smell of any of them from before? try neutralising that ?good luck x

yeh and when you say biting is it just fur pulling and nipping? this too is normal? also i would suggest that the garden probly has a lot of smells in it...try hosing down the area and if its on concrete try neutralising it with white vinegar this may help calm them also does the run smell of any of them from before? try neutralising that ?good luck x

i put them on a section of the grass where im nto allowed any runs so it would be neutral..didnt hose it down though.

no hes not just fur pulling he reallt attacked him :(

i put them on a section of the grass where im nto allowed any runs so it would be neutral..didnt hose it down though.

no hes not just fur pulling he reallt attacked him :(

oh dear :( maybe you could try them on the concrete and hose it down and white vinegar? it jsut might do the trick? take them on a car ride in carrier to calm them down...provided you have a box big enough for 4 buns!

oh dear :( maybe you could try them on the concrete and hose it down and white vinegar? it jsut might do the trick? take them on a car ride in carrier to calm them down...provided you have a box big enough for 4 buns!

thats the thing i dont need to do a car ride, bcus as soon as i put them back in the bonding pen in the utility...they settle down fine.

I would beg you parents to let them stay where they are longer...have you got any buns in your indoor bit, maybe you could put the run in there?
Or try them outside in the run there are in inside?

Last edited:
I would beg you parents to let them stay where they are longer...have you got any buns in your indoor bit, maybe you could put the run in there?
Or try them outside in the run there are in inside?

yeh ive got Heli and Mookie in there til the 21st and the from the 23rd til th1 31st i have a single indoor bun staying in there.

i dont think they mind as such its just, i have star in my room, them int he utlity, i think its doing her head in a bit, but i will try :(

but there just going to say 'well if they wont e friends outside theres no point keeping them inside any longer, youl have to split them up'

:roll:

when they r inside they r such a nice little group

It just takes time...as I said I had mine in a dog crate for two weeks before I moved them.

It is a slow process but it will be worth it :)

What are you putting in the run? I'd give them loads of tunnels/boxes and trays of hay etc, to try and keep their interest. Works when Rhias being a moo to Daniel :D

What are you putting in the run? I'd give them loads of tunnels/boxes and trays of hay etc, to try and keep their interest. Works when Rhias being a moo to Daniel :D

i actually didnt put anything in because i thougt they might fight over it :?

maybe that was a mistake

If you know which bun is going to be the boss you could try putting a bit of jam or something the other buns would like. That way the subserviant bun will lick (groom) the boss

If you know which bun is going to be the boss you could try putting a bit of jam or something the other buns would like. That way the subserviant bun will lick (groom) the boss

i did do that originally and it worked but as soon as their is no jam domo wont groom, and it all starts again so i dont really want to do ti again as i dont want be a permanent bun-head-jammer lol!

they r fine now they r indoors again, its just when i change their enviroment/go outside

Back