• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

going to be looking for a new bunny partner soon, any tips?

Diego is booked for his neuturing next week and according to the vets after 3 weeks i can then look for a partner for him, i feel so sorry as he seems quite lonely.
Diego is a boy bunny about 6 months old we think, i know its a little early to start looking for a friend but want to get an idea of what would be best when we do start looking.
we would like a female pref lop (ive always wanted a lop), should we be looking for older or younger than Diego? i keep getting told to go for a baby girl but i would prefer to help a rescue who has maybe already been spayed.

any thoughts on introducing them, or anyone know of any rescue homes around with a needy doe :)

cant wait to get our second bunny :love: they will be moving into a nice large shed home with deluxe run :)

firstly find a local rescue in your area. they will have speyed buns and had initial vaccs done i would say any age bun is fine but around his age ideal as it is preferable they can grow old together...if you got an older bun say 8years old he would outlive his partner adn be sad....would say any bun up to age 6years old as then they become pensioner buns really tho they can live up till 14years. then after his op and settled hormones...you should go bunny speed dating so much fun and he gets to choose his new wife also a rescue can then do the bonding for you to save you the stress and believe me most tho not all bondings are stressful. good luck alternativly you can look on rr to find buns or on rin to find buns who you would like to rehome?
Diego is booked for his neuturing next week and according to the vets after 3 weeks i can then look for a partner for him, i feel so sorry as he seems quite lonely.
Diego is a boy bunny about 6 months old we think, i know its a little early to start looking for a friend but want to get an idea of what would be best when we do start looking.
we would like a female pref lop (ive always wanted a lop), should we be looking for older or younger than Diego? i keep getting told to go for a baby girl but i would prefer to help a rescue who has maybe already been spayed.

any thoughts on introducing them, or anyone know of any rescue homes around with a needy doe :)

cant wait to get our second bunny :love: they will be moving into a nice large shed home with deluxe run :)

Back