• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Miserable partner

silverfox

Warren Scout
Does anyone else having a miserable moaning partner, I want another rabbit and he says I can't have one. I have three already but I think a fourth would be lovely. I have a lovely satin boy but he needs to have his bits done, once this is done I want to get him a friend, but as usual him in doors in whining. I THOUGHT WOMEN WERE SUPPOSE TO BE THE ONES WHO NAGGED.

Yep I have one.The minute he turned 40 he turned into Victor Meldrew.He never helps around the house but then has the cheek to say something like,"there a cobweb up there."That then gets my back up and we end up falling out.

Who looks after the buns & can you afford another? If its you & yes you can then having one more wont make much of a difference not to you or to him. Thats my theory & my answer to anyone in my family who wants another pet. My o/h wanted another pet but didnt want to do the looking after so we've still got 4 buns. Maybe you should show him proof that you can afford to keep another bun & tell him you will look after it 100% youself & then he may change his mind. Otherwise just threaten to remove his conjugals, that will definately change his mind for him :lol:

well it depends on his reasoning...again if its cost and time...holiday arrangements etc... then you have to see if he is right...if not then you have to persuade him...personally i would keep the bun happy and your other half(ever themediator:roll:) and bond them into a 3sum.x

Just do what you want. Buy him a PS3 game or sommat to shut him up:D And say that you know he loves you & is happy if YOU are happy, & guess what would make you happy?:D

mind you......

.....mind you im the girl whos boyf said i dont want any pets as they are hard work and take a lot of time and money........ since then we have had 3 rabbits..... 4 dwarf hamsters(rip 2 of them) and 2 syrians, we minded 2 other hamsters recently for a freind and now he just offered a freind of ours that we dont mind looking after a house rabbit for them while they on hols.... lol so its all about the persuasion..i find a beer and a nice cooked meal and a sob story help...but if we dont take it in ....bla bla... then we can foster it for a while see how it goes as a trial if you still not happy we can leave it.

but my boyf always falls in love but i have to stop now and know my limits... as my living room is full of hamster cages...and there is one in the bedroom... run times takes ages.....and the buns have taken over!!! lol :) wouldnt change my little zoo for anything tho! when i visit my mum im finding there isnt space in the car for everything to come with me so i must be at capacity!!!!!

I would'nt mind but I am the one that cleans them, feeds and waters them everyday. I go out and spend time with them and I am the one that buys ALL the food and equipment. My kids also help, my partner just looks at them and will talk to them for a minute, then he loses interest.

He says he does'nt like my dog, yet he is building her a kennel. He thinks I'm daft that I got more pets. I think after Jasper has had his bits done, I'm going to ignore what he says and get Jasper a friend. After-all its my money and time not his.

:wave: Sounds to me like he thinks he's going to see even less of you! Mine was reluctant to go back to having pets again after a 3month break but you should see him now with our buns and broken cat ( hyperthyroidism, severe arthritis in hips, stone deaf - but soooo sweet natured ).
Besides he knows once I make a suggestion......:D

you know the otehr rick is make him think its his idea... ie show him some pcs when he says aw that ones cute.... make out he wanted it and its all for him?!!?!

Back