• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Special Needs/Disabled Bunny

p_prod_uk

Mama Doe
Once we are settled into our new house in a few months, I would like to rehome a disabled or special needs bunny. maybe one that can only be a single bunny or generally one that will be overlooked for other reasons.

Where can i find special needs buns in need of a forever home?

Thanks

These two bunnies have been in care for a long time... Lucy doesn't seem to think there is any hope of finding them a forever home :cry: because of the constant dental treatment Lillie needs, and her poor eyesight hinders her... so she has tried putting them up for long term foster care, but the poor girls are still with us :( It's so sad it made me cry when i first read about them... maybe they are a pair you might be interested in loving?

hi, thanks for the link - they are adorable!!
the link does however say that it's got to be in the Coventry area?

the few vets i've used in my local area use GA so bills are about £50-£60 for dentals :(

I will add their link to my computer though and when the time comes that i am am ready to re-home i will definately get in touch and see how I stand. Will also call round some more vets and see what they say about cheaper dentals.

Such a shame that they've been overlooked :(

It says that because those are the only two places we personally know of who do dental without GA, but if you found one near you.... or I dunno, I just figured it was worth mentioning, as it's just so sad when poor bunnies can't find a home, because they have money/time/energy draining problems :cry:

i know. :-(

i will start calling round a few more local vets tomorrow and see what i can find out.

is it molar spurs she has probs with?

will deffinatly do that... and I have sent a link to this thread on to lucy (head of walsall branch) she knows everything!! :lol:

Lillie is having her front teeth removed next week so it will only be the back ones that we have problems with. EC can be passed to other rabbits through urine spores so they would have to have their own special area that other buns didn't go into. Her partner Tillie hasn't picked up the ec so must have a natural immunity.

Or how about a blind or deaf bun? I have 2 poorly sighted ones here - one is a feisty little thing bonded to my NZ white - but she's coming around to me slowly, & the other is a very poor sighted mini lop with bad hearing too. She is so funny - absolutely no clue what is going on around her:lol: Both are bonded to partners which they are happy with, but they are both bad enough so I wouldn't try putting them in the group:D

Or how about a blind or deaf bun? I have 2 poorly sighted ones here - one is a feisty little thing bonded to my NZ white - but she's coming around to me slowly, & the other is a very poor sighted mini lop with bad hearing too. She is so funny - absolutely no clue what is going on around her:lol: Both are bonded to partners which they are happy with, but they are both bad enough so I wouldn't try putting them in the group:D

yes anybun like that would be fab. i just really want to 'do my bit' for special needs buns. any pics? :wave:

Poor girls always get the shove for other buns :(

I think they are lovely. If the right accomodation ever becomes available here and they still need a home, I would love to offer them a place. But I hope thay find wonderful forever home before that :D

Back