• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding stories please

Alice's mum

Warren Scout
Hello,

I'm not an expert but after having trouble bonding my rabbit (all is well now) I have decided to try and write a book with information and stories by owners on their bonding experiences.

I doubt my book will come to much but it is a fun project for the moment anyway.

If anyone has an unusual, funny, easy or difficult bonding experience they would like to share please PM me. I need a story on bonding trios too!

Thanks in advance for any help offered. Photos are also welcome! If you PM me please let me know if it is okay to use it and whether you would like to remain anonymous.

THANKS!:wave:

hi i can write a few for you.... but it will prob be longer than a pm...as think there is a limit to how much you can write...only ever bonded pairs...but maybe you could pm me your email addy and i could write to you there?

well ive ive come to the conclusion be prepaired for the unexpected two of my foster buns were as rampant as anything and knowing my own bun was just as randy with his toys and me even after he got neutered. for a 4 years old boy just being done i thought even after 8 weeks he would of mellowed out, so when i decided to bond biggles and carrie myself (first time bonding) i was expecting biggles would be wayhey a live one but nooooooooooooo its more like "but mom she keeps running away, i cant be bothered " as i know my bun ive had him since 12 weeks and from a breeder, i knew well at least i thought his temprement hes never been aggressive at all, and still isnt, though hes still getting used to sharing his space, he still hasnt done the deed and even shes resorted in dozing next to his fav toy :lol: but they have the run of the house now and he checks up on her more when shes not near by and grooms her a little more now, he doesnt mind sharing his bed with her either, shes madly in love with him always gazing at him, and sticking her nose under his chin for a wash, and she loves all his toys which he doesnt mind, hes going to take time with her he still likes vegging on his own, and i stroke them both at the same time as i dont want either to get jealous which im sure biggles would do, hes still runs rings around me which she now joins in, as she very shy, but so far so good for me for my first time

I will have to find pictures of my tiny lionhead sitting on my NZ white fat boys back - humping him:?:lol:

update on book about bonding rabbits

Last year I asked for bonding stories for a book....I am so grateful for everyone that sent me their experiences and photos because it has now been published!

I don't think I'm allowed to give more details in case it looks like I am advertising on here so I would just like to say a HUGE thanks to everyone that helped. If your story or photo was included I will be contacting you privately to get your address to send you a free copy.

My only bonding story is of Joey and Buddy (father and son) Buddy was in the shed in a playpen until I was going to bond him and Joey (Joey lived in the shed alone at this point) One day buddy got out I didn't know :shock: and when I seen him hopping around i thought Joey was going to kill him, instead he was just doing some chasing and they had literally bonded like that! (Snaps fingers) LOL it was a miracle!!

Last year I asked for bonding stories for a book....I am so grateful for everyone that sent me their experiences and photos because it has now been published!

I don't think I'm allowed to give more details in case it looks like I am advertising on here so I would just like to say a HUGE thanks to everyone that helped. If your story or photo was included I will be contacting you privately to get your address to send you a free copy.

wow congrats good for you for going out and getting it done! x

Back