• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Advice on injections and nuetering

silverfox

Warren Scout
Does anyone know prices for the cost of injections and nuetering. I have two male Rabbits, one is about 4 months the other is 11 weeks old. I also have a female rabbit 12 weeks old. I also am not sure about guineas if they need injections or not, there is three of them altogether - girls.

I am awaiting some money and would like all the animals done together including my dog which needs spaying. I would be grateful for any advice please. I am in the Manchester area and the only place I was not willing to take them was pets at home as their charges were beyond a joke.

:wave: Hi I had my 2 male rabbits done 2 weeks ago, they are both 4 months old, it was £45 per rabbit, i also had them vaccinated against myxomatosis that was £20 per rabbit.:D

Hi!

You may be able to find a good vet using this link: http://www.rcvs.org.uk/Templates/system/FAVSearch.asp?NodeID=89660

It cost me about £40 to get my male neutered and about £60 to have my female spayed. Injections vary between about £17-£28, you generally have the mxyi one first (every 6 months) and the VHD second (once a year).

Just a question, are you male rabbits and female rabbit together? If so, separate now or you'll end up with babies! Also, rabbits and guinea pigs should not be housed together in the same hutch/enclosure but are fine side by side.

Guinea pigs don't need any injections, so that's one less thing to worry about!

FC xx

The older male is on his own, but the two babies are together. The youngest have bonded and the older cannot go in with them as he tries to mount the other boy. As yet the other boy does not bother with my little girl but I am sure that I only have about two weeks before I need to seperate them, this is why I am not sure when he should be done (can he be done about 12 weeks) as they are bonded I dont want them seperated for long.

i paid £45 for coco,some vets will do deals i was also offered a reduced rate of microchipping if id wanted it,

:D Thanks for giving me the website for the vets sites (FRISKYCLOVER), I saved in my favourites. One is just around the corner from me and I have just e-mailed them so hopefully will get an answer A.S.A.P.

The older male is on his own, but the two babies are together. The youngest have bonded and the older cannot go in with them as he tries to mount the other boy. As yet the other boy does not bother with my little girl but I am sure that I only have about two weeks before I need to seperate them, this is why I am not sure when he should be done (can he be done about 12 weeks) as they are bonded I dont want them seperated for long.

I had Inky neutered at 12 weeks, so providing his bits are in view as it were, he should be fine!

think it depends on hte vet on when they will neuter most will do if at a certain weight. males neutere = 30-70 pounds and female spey is 45-100 pounds in rabbits not sure about g.pigs.... injections are between12-20 pounds...rabbits need 3 a year.... myxi is every 6 months and vhd every year.... the gap between injections is a minimum of 2 weeks most reccomend 3 weeks... the myxi should be done first as its more prevalent. also with the myxi injection it should be done in 2 parts...10% should be done into the skin layer...some vets do this by main injection scruff of neck pull out but not all the way...then into skin there...some vets do part in scruff and part in ear.

Back