• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit toy warning

eek :shock:

just to point out its not just a pets at home thing - you can get those in a lot of places

I have one but Sorrel's not a chewer so there's not been a problem.

ohhhh my thanks for warning!!!!!! but they are sold in lots of places i make sure the pet shop neevr sells that :)

Take pictures and mail them saying you want your money back it will have to be checked by some sort of QC as well wouldnt it :shock:

just to point out its not just a pets at home thing - you can get those in a lot of places

Sorry you are right didnt really think that through have edited title :oops:

I've had two of these so far. The first I put in their run and got torn to shreds and like you said the metal supports can become a hazzard. Now I have a new one outside and it is for supervised play time only. I think they are fine for this purpose as long as you don't leave them alone with it. :)

ive got one too but its is supervised play and they havent chewed it, i would complain it might make them put a warning on future item i.e for supervised play only, ive stopped buying things that have lots of glue on them, i know lots of people have bought the carrot and grass mat thing to me it has too much glue on, and i once had a carrot rattle for which they must of though it was a real carrot as it was chewed to bits, the amount of glue on these things. may not be harmfull in small doses but im sure its not to good if they chew them all the time, along with the foam tunnel etc its just common sense and supervision if people wish to buy play toys, for unsupervised just stick with wooden chew toys and stuffed loo rolls etc

:shock: its the same with those grassy boot thingys stuffed with hay..when they get thru the sole its sharp willow spikes then further on to make it shape theres bloomin wire sticking out..no ones ever done anythig about it..so i dont get them for my buns and im trying to throw mums bunnys one out ill go over tomorrow and do it whilst mums out..my half sis is stayin with her so shell cover for me:lol:

write a letter to pets at home and whoever made it complete with pictures..if everyone did that each time theyd all have to modify the things to be safe.

My buns have got one of those tunnels and have never chewed it, they love running through it to the pop up tent an the end.

I have one of those, but the buns only have it in their run as I was worried if they chewed it too much, it may hurt them. They absolutely love it though and run round and round through it and out of it!

Every one else seems to have well behaved buns that dont eat their toys trust me to get naughty ones :roll:

I've got a similar thing but it's a cat tunnel from Ikea. Mine have chewed off the tie-up tags but have left the structure of the tunnel alone. Fortunately, they're much more interested in chewing their cardboard box! However, thanks for the warning - I'll be keeping a close eye on the tunnel to make sure it's intact.

I bought 1similar from pets at home almost 2years ago and it looks as good now as it did then.Even the wooden carrot hasn't been chewed.she does use it cos ive just seen her run through it.she head butts it alot on the way out but never chews,but then shes not much of a chewer.Maybe thats cos shes on a hay/veggy diet.

:) Thanks for the warning. Bought one last week for our house buns and was aware one of our buns might shred it. He's taken a tastle off it and thats all. They both love running into it and popping their heads up. Was thinking of taking it out at night so definitely will now thanks.

Back