• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our new addition!

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
Well... here she is, the lovely molly :) Shes a standard grey chinchilla

molly.jpg

Photo-0013.jpg

Photo-0014.jpg

Sorry the pics arent great, we only got her yesterday and these were taken on my mobile. We had her from a student about 50 miles away from us... she had bought them intending to breed them but had got bored of them :( She was being kept in a tiny cage with a male!! So she may be pregnant :? We shall deal with that if and when it comes - shes off to the vets tomorrow for a check :)

Hope you all like her :lol: Been out today and bought a new cage and £40's worth of toys :shock:

She is :love:

I've never owned a chinchilla so have no idea what they are like as pets, but always been under the impression they'd be difficult to handle?

Do they need to live in warm temperatures?

thank you everyone :) shes gorgeous - shes so scared tho :( we have left her at mums... theres more room there and the OH wasnt pleased when i bought her home :evil: although if she does end up having a baby we will definately have one at ours (shall get round the OH!!) :D We go down mums daily so will see plently of her, and my brother (hes 20) took a shine to her immediately so she will be gettying plently of attention!!

She is :love:

I've never owned a chinchilla so have no idea what they are like as pets, but always been under the impression they'd be difficult to handle?

Do they need to live in warm temperatures?

They hate warm temps, can suffer badly in heat :( Theyre very fast!! When we collected her the lady just literally grabbed her round the tummy to pick her up and her little legs were going 10 to the dozen :cry: However... when i picked her up when we got home, i just picked her up like you do a bunny and she was absolutely fine. Shes very timid but i guess its because shes got to get used to us :)

Aww he looks luverleyyy!! How old is he?? I know they live for 20 odd years depending on how well looked after they are :)

Back