• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh, and by the way..........

Madmoo

Alpha Buck
I have had to stop myself sending a very rude message back to someone on Freecycle.

Seen ad on there last night offering two rabbit hutches. So, as the rescue I foster for, Rescue Range, are in need of some more hutches, I replied.

Today I have had the following response:

"hi the 2 rabbit hutches that we have they have got a male and female rabbit in them to go with the hutches. hope your stil interested as i really need them gone. and i could not put them on my email as you can not put animals on freecycle."

Arggghhhhhh - it makes me so :censored: angry that people see animals as so disposable. Might try that when I ever sell my house. Oh, and by the way, my 2 year old comes with it!!! (NOT)

Last edited:
so sad really that ppl get these loveable pets n just bloody discard em at the drop of a hat :(

thats really sad :(, i reported someone on ebay for doing the same. they were selling a hutch and right at the bottom in small print was - comes with white rabbit too! :censored:

Apart from being despicable behaviour, it doesn't even make sense as a plan. Surely they must expect that anyone wanting a hutch probably already has a rabbit to fill it with! :roll:

Stupid people!! i agree with above also, sruely people asking wont be looking for a rabbit either.

*sigh* poor bunnies :(

Monkey puzzler, is that El-ahrairah in your avator? My favourate film from a child is watership down, have the dvd aswell.

Someone has just put an 8 week old bun on my freecycle, the mum attacked the baby and ripped the top of the babys ear off :cry:
And a male and female have just been put on.

I have had to stop myself sending a very rude message back to someone on Freecycle.

Seen ad on there last night offering two rabbit hutches. So, as the rescue I foster for, Rescue Range, are in need of some more hutches, I replied.

Today I have had the following response:

"hi the 2 rabbit hutches that we have they have got a male and female rabbit in them to go with the hutches. hope your stil interested as i really need them gone. and i could not put them on my email as you can not put animals on freecycle."

Arggghhhhhh - it makes me so :censored: angry that people see animals as so disposable. Might try that when I ever sell my house. Oh, and by the way, my 2 year old comes with it!!! (NOT)

The sad thing is that animals ARE allowed to be given away on freecycle,i see them everyday...this morning yet another rabbit was on there...over the past week there has been...2 chinchillas 2 hamsters,4 dogs and 3 rabbits put on there :cry:

The sad thing is that animals ARE allowed to be given away on freecycle,i see them everyday...this morning yet another rabbit was on there...over the past week there has been...2 chinchillas 2 hamsters,4 dogs and 3 rabbits put on there :cry:

Depends on which Freecycle area it is. It is down to the admin team as to whether animals can be posted. Ours definitely doesn't allow it.

I have emailed these people back and suggested they contact all local rescues and the RSPCA about rehoming the rabbits. I did say, however, that if things became desperate then to contact me again. (I didn't want them to get to the point of just dumping the poor rabbits).

As you say its a tricky one. If you stop them posting what will they do with their unwanted pets then - dump them on a quiet lane?

I like what you said about selling your house!

Are these the same people who change their sofas/carpets/curtains every 2 mins cos they're no longer "in" vogue? Now pets are no longer trendy accessories they can go too? When will babies appear in freecycle cos they've been quite fashionable with the rich and famous lately :lol: ?

I know - its not a laughing matter but I'd cry otherwise :cry: .

Back