• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

good vets needed in Bristol

Catherine896

Young Bun
Hiya, am looking into having my 2 rabbits speyed. Ive rang my normal vet who will charge £78 each but I cant afford it right now - they dont offer payment plans either :(
My youngest rabbit is too young just yet anyway, but does anyone know of any good vets in Bristol who do it a little cheaper?

Thanks alot.

bumping up this one...anyone? i knwothere are a few bristol people on here but i think they might come out in evenig more!! will maybe bump then...

Hiya, am looking into having my 2 rabbits speyed. Ive rang my normal vet who will charge £78 each but I cant afford it right now - they dont offer payment plans either :(
My youngest rabbit is too young just yet anyway, but does anyone know of any good vets in Bristol who do it a little cheaper?

Thanks alot.

:wave: hiya hun.

not sure about the price but if you can get to quedgley in glos, i know a fantastic vet who is very rabbit savvy. we travel to see him bout 40 min drive but i wouldnt take them anywhere else. he did my shaunys neuter, and also saved his life- this man to me is a god!:lol:.
x

its wood vet group GL2 4NB the guys name is jason burgess- he is totally brilliant (my o/h thinks i should set up a fan club for him:lol:.
x

Thanks, 40 minutes from me.

Will have to ask my Dad to take me as I dont drive! Is spaying like a day operation or will they have to stay in overnight or anything?

Thanks alot.

i think it depends on how well they recover from the op, shauny came home that day, i think most come home that day.
takes us bout 40mins aswel but he (jason) is well worth the trip.
x

I'm in Bristol!!:wave:

I use Zetland Vets. I go to the Fishponds branch, Liz, James and Clara there are BRILLIANT, can't reccommend them enough, but I've also used the hospital on Zetland road before and they're pretty good too. A spay at Fishponds branch is £57ish if I remember rightly, including a post-op check. 3 of my girls were spayed there and they've all done brilliantly... Neuters are £40 something I think?

Here's the site with their contact info on as well. They have other branches all over Bristol too...

http://www.zetlandveterinarygroup.com/

I use Michael Gibb on shirehampton road.

I can't remember how much I paid for a spay, I think it was about £70 but if you phone them Tel. 0117 968 3706 they'll be happy to quote.

They are very rabbit savvy and I trust them 100% with my buns. They've done three of mine already, one more to go when she's old enough.

Thanks, will ring other branches - didnt think they would have any price differences but they obviously do!

Thanks everyone!

regarding jason burgess...he is a fantastic vet (quedgeley) glos... but speys there are around £98 pounds.... just to let you know...however he is a fantastic vet...he has saved many a bun with his knowledge and is a brill vet.x

Back