• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello from Norfolk

Hi my names Ron i live in Norfolk UK
I work with a guinea pig rescue (i have 28 guinea pigs in at the moment)
But have had rabbits in the past
I'm here as where i work (mental health nursing home) have acquired some rabbits when residents have brought them in
nd they aren't being looked after too well so any information greatly recieved

Hello Ron welcome to RU:wave::wave:Why don't you think the buns are being cared for properly
the first one arrived over a month ago in a 3ft by 2 ft hutch the rabbit is a medium sized rabbit
the other 2 came on the weekend and are baby NZW they weigh 360gms and 500gmshad no bedding and when i saw them on sunday had run out of food! all of them where fed weeds on sunday until they got food monday
i had to tell the day staff to but food hay and bedding so they brought food barley straw and saw dust!
I know very little on rabbits and less about the New Zealand Whites and these are from farm stock not show stock so i need help about caring for these guys
11-08-08_0518.jpg

the bottle is 250mls size these guys are tiny and sooo cuddley
11-08-08_0519.jpg

Hello Ron the NZW"S will grow into big rabbits.What size hutch are they in?All the bunnies will need a large run so they can get some exercise.I would say the first bunnies hutch is too small.The rabbits will need a constant supply of hey.A good rabbit food,fresh water and greens and plenty of exercise.They will all need to vaccinated against Myxi and HVD.Is one person allocated to looking after them or is it any one who remembers.I would say put up a chart as to what needs to be done for the buns every day and then put a rota in place so every one knows who's turn it is to look after them

the hutch of the single rabbit who is a beige and white standard rabbit is approx 3ft y 2ft
the one with the 2 baby NZW's is about 3ft sq
I brought hay last night on the way to work from a local shop and put huge handfuls in both cagesi have written a stff letter to managers at work saying i'm not happy with the current care and that i would gladly organise the care etc as i work 4 nights a week

:wave: Welcome to the forum Ron. Agreed the bunnies need bigger housing. Lots of hay and its best they are changed over slowly to a pellet form of food to prevent selective feeding. Hope all goes well with them. Good on you for helping these bunnies ! :love:

Hi Ron!!

Pleased to meet you, :wave: Good on you for helping these bunnies! They are gorgeous!

Hope to see you about RU!

Amy xxx

Well 2 thirds of the problem will be going soon as the two little NZW's are being rehomed (i will miss them as they are totally cute and love being cuddled) But i'm back in Sunday night so i have plans afoot to do some tampering/botching/sabotage of an old chicken run that is 9ft by 4ft and is mobile!
will update next week!
:love:
Ron
PS MAny thanks for all the help so far!

Back