• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice please

babyboysmommy

Young Bun
Rabbit lives outside but we bring him in each evening for a run around. I was told that I shouldn't do this in the winter as he would struggle going from the cold to warm to cold again. Is that right? He needs to live in the garden but we do love having him come in to play but whilst we would miss having him inside I don't want to do anything that would cause him problems.

Many thanks, Anna

I am very interested in the answer to this question too as our boys live outside but had planned to bring them in for a bit each day in the winter so the children can see them after school without having to be out in the dark

worrying now this will be the wrong thing to do.......

I assumed it would be OK but I was told I had to decide if the rabbit would be an outside one or a house rabbit & you cant bring them in even for a p-lay in the winter if they live outside. I hope that advice was wrong...

My bunnies live outside but come into the house to play whenever we are at home during the day and they have never had any problems with this. The space they live in outside it very sheltered though and so never gets very cold, and we don't put a lot of heating on even in winter so it is never really warm inside.

I would say Its OK to bring them into the house in winter as long as you have them in a room with no heating on.As they live in the garden they will get thicker coats to deal with the cold opposed to a house rabbit having a thinner coat and bunnies dont cope with the heat very well

I would say Its OK to bring them into the house in winter as long as you have them in a room with no heating on.As they live in the garden they will get thicker coats to deal with the cold opposed to a house rabbit having a thinner coat and bunnies dont cope with the heat very well

He comes in the livingroom, the whole house has central heating which is always on in the winter as we have young children so there is no where inside that's not heated, does that mean he can't even come in for an hour? :(

I presnoally wouldnt bring my rabbit from the cold winter outdoors into a centrally heated house, the temperature shock would be pleasant for them :/ Imagine if you came home and went in but werent allowed to take your coat off. couldnt you turn off the heating in one room for a bit? or open a window?

I presnoally wouldnt bring my rabbit from the cold winter outdoors into a centrally heated house, the temperature shock would be pleasant for them :/ Imagine if you came home and went in but werent allowed to take your coat off. couldnt you turn off the heating in one room for a bit? or open a window?

Very happy to open the windows, would that be enough?

you could always buy a snugglesafe, which are heat pads forhim, so that when u put him outside again he has some warmth and it wont be too much off a shock. and try to make the room he is going in not tooo warm, and then ti should be okay

xxx

you could always buy a snugglesafe, which are heat pads forhim, so that when u put him outside again he has some warmth and it wont be too much off a shock. and try to make the room he is going in not tooo warm, and then ti should be okay

xxx

A snugglesafe sounds like a good idea, thank you :)

Back