• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

William came home from his surgury tonight

AprilLynne

Warren Scout
William had his abscess removed today! The vet said it was one of the easiest he's done - it came out as cleanly as possible and wasn't connected to his jaw, so most likely a small puncture wound caused it. He's on a liquid mix of 2 antibiotics with pain medicine... I wasn't sure how easily that would go, but I gave him his first dose and it went rather well!

He tried to eat his greens, even though it looked like his jaw hurt to chew. And drank quite a bit of water. The vet said he ate pellets in their cage after surgury. He's quite determined for a 5-month old!! Hopefully he keeps this up!

He looks quite sleepy and sore sitting in his playpen right now, with his poor little cheek shaved bald :-( but I'm sure he'll be strong these next few days and make a speedy recovery!

He goes back for his checkup and removal of the stitches in two weeks. I'm anxious for them to pass quickly so he is feeling his usual playful + cudly self soon!!

William's doing much better! He's eating and drinking lots and playing quite a bit.

He's taking his medicine, but its a struggle! When he sees me get out the syringe he locks his teeth down and hops into his little house with his nose in the corner and back to me! He shakes his head "no" to keep his mouth away from the syringe when I finally get him, but he does swallow all of the liquid once I get it into his mouth!

William's been having a bad couple of days - the meds are a big stress for both of us as he doesn't want to take the syrnge and tries to hop away. I have to grab him and force the syringe into his mouth to squirt the liquid down his throat. I'd been so afraid that he'd get terrified of me for doing this to him every morning when I come down for breakfast and again in the evening.

Yesterday he spent more time that usual hiding in his little house. Then started thumping madly in the evening. I heard a few thumps over night from my bed. And this morning he's still stressed out. I've done everything I can think of to calm him and I'm waiting to call the vet in a few minutes when they open up. I haven't given him his medicine this morning - its already an hour late, but he's not in a state for me to give it to him.

I put a post in the behavior section called "Please Help"... in hopes someone can

Back