• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OH just said YES to a 3rd rabbit :) *shock*

Sam&Yoda

Warren Scout
OMG im shocked. We recently adopted Mr Obi whos doing great (started clicker training with both today). Anyway just sat down having a look at avialable rescue buns at Chloes Fat Fluffs and to my suprise he said "if he wasnt bonded id have him tomorrow" OMG i cant beliweve it. Hes said basically as long as he thinks theyre cute then i could have my 3rd. So basically im on the look out for a lion head.

Wots best to bond with a male/female pair??

:love: :love: :love:

Did u bond them all yourselves or did the rescues. We bonded Yoda and Obi as rescue couldnt and seemed to go well however i know that was luck and id hate to affect theyre bond as theyre sooo gud 2gether

I bonded them with the help of my O/H; the nearest rescue is over an hour away; and I doubt they'd be good at bonding as I don't think they have many buns in.

Awww well done i think its gonna be get him to look at piccies...hes sooo shallow going for looks only (typical man) ill have 2 just look at the short list i think

I had that too; I couldn't decide between wanting a lionhead or a lop; O/H said lionheads looked funny till we nearly got one from PAH, then it was lionheads all the way! :lol:

Who were you looking at that was bonded? Fat Fluffs has some really lovely bunnies - best thing to do is to try your pair with another few different buns you like and see what happens :D You could always try another two to even the numbers....ahem.....:oops::D

Id love that and he wasnt that scared by idea. However, Yoda is a Cashmere so takes alot of grooming time and i honestly feel having 2 very long haired rabbits wouldnt be fair. Laura would be too fluffy unfortunatley :(

Id love that and he wasnt that scared by idea. However, Yoda is a Cashmere so takes alot of grooming time and i honestly feel having 2 very long haired rabbits wouldnt be fair. Laura would be too fluffy unfortunatley :(

As I recall she's only fluffy around her face ... if your OH really is so besotted with Kirsty it might be worth a visit? x

Awww Kirsty is a lovely bun - but she is devoted to her sister Laura, they don't get very knotty - I had them with me for a couple of weeks before they went to a more permanent foster home. Go on - go meet them...... :lol:

:love: :love: :love: Ill have 2 try and persuade him later...has any1 else got a bonded 3 or 4 as house buns...my 2 are free range mainly with a 2 tier 4 X 2 NIC cage as their base. R they in Sutton at the moment?

:love: :love: :love: Ill have 2 try and persuade him later...has any1 else got a bonded 3 or 4 as house buns...my 2 are free range mainly with a 2 tier 4 X 2 NIC cage as their base. R they in Sutton at the moment?

I have four house buns and it's FAB watching them all interact .. everyone always has someone to snuggle or play with and cos there's an even number you don't get an "odd-one-out" like you sometimes do with trios. I think Kirsty and Laura are currently over in Solihull with Chloe ... give her a call/send a PM to Chloaster/e-mail her via the Fat Fluffs site and have a chat with her about it.

I tried bonding both my pairs with a third to form a trio but both times it just didnt work. Both my pairs were really close and really didnt go for a third interrupting their relationship. That's how I ended up with six!!! Kept getting another to bond with the trio reject!! In the end its all worked out great - ive got three bonded pairs that are well happy with the way things are.

Its definitely a personality thing. My problem was in both my pairs i have got really bossy bunnies (Jess and Belle) who would just not allow it to happen.

Could you not get a rescue bonded pair?

OK i think we're getting some where with him hes agreed to the following
-only 1 more so totalling 3 house buns
- neutered/spayed only so between 5months and 2 years
- quite a relaxed snuggly rabbit like Yoda (enjoys fuss) as Obi is quite a nervous boy who we are bringing out of his shell
- Short haired or lionhead - cant have 2 with really long hair
- Id prefer a lop as we have 2 uppy eared at mo
- hes just said to add that if we can find Kirstys twin whos single that wud be perfect...heres the link http://www.fatfluffs.com/rabbit/24

*lol* this rabbit hunt is not going to be hard atall is it?!? :shock:

I have four house buns and it's FAB watching them all interact .. everyone always has someone to snuggle or play with and cos there's an even number you don't get an "odd-one-out" like you sometimes do with trios. I think Kirsty and Laura are currently over in Solihull with Chloe ... give her a call/send a PM to Chloaster/e-mail her via the Fat Fluffs site and have a chat with her about it.

when i visited your house and saw all your buns it made me want a HERD as well.

i keep looking at buns but i know i cant as i dont have a garden and i havent got control over the 2 i have at the moment!

OK i think we're getting some where with him hes agreed to the following
-only 1 more so totalling 3 house buns
- neutered/spayed only so between 5months and 2 years
- quite a relaxed snuggly rabbit like Yoda (enjoys fuss) as Obi is quite a nervous boy who we are bringing out of his shell
- Short haired or lionhead - cant have 2 with really long hair
- Id prefer a lop as we have 2 uppy eared at mo
- hes just said to add that if we can find Kirstys twin whos single that wud be perfect...heres the link http://www.fatfluffs.com/rabbit/24

*lol* this rabbit hunt is not going to be hard atall is it?!? :shock:

So he's not fussy then :? :? It's a shame cos Kirsty and Laura have been in rescue for some time now :(

Back