• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please help(urgent).... mite medicine and myxi vac

IloveToffee

Warren Scout
Hi... toffee had his 3rd myxi vac today but i have since noticed he seems to have mites for the 2nd time in two weeks. two weeks ago i gave him beaphar small animal parisite spot on but stupidly instead of giving him 2 pippettes i only gave him 1, until i realised i hadnt given him enough for his weight and the next day gave him another pippette.

is it safe to give him another 2 pippette dose
a) since he already was given it 2 weeks ago

and

b) since he got his myxi vac today

thank u xx

Not sure - I'd give your vets a ring tomorrow and ask - usually the receptionist will take a message and ask the vet when they get a moment.

i would ring the vets too to double check...erm 3rd myxi injection? they should only be twice a year? im confused... good luck with the mites treatment.

i would ring the vets too to double check...erm 3rd myxi injection? they should only be twice a year? im confused... good luck with the mites treatment.

I assume she means it's his 3rd ever, i.e. his first one was a year ago :) Bobbin just had his third too ;)

I am unsure how the Beaphar spot on works, but the Xeno 450 is one dose every 2 weeks for a total of 3 times. Check the packet to see if it advises how frequently (or infrequently) to give it. Though I have a funny feeling Beaphar is a one off :? If it is unclear definitely check with the vet :)

ETA: Are the mites definitely living??

yeah it is a one off one.. lasts four weeks.

i dont think he does have them again... he has some flaky skin on his neck but it seems to have died down a little since yesterday so :S

And by 3rd myxi yes i did mean his 1st was yr ago :) xx

Back