• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some pics of my bunnies...

Ok, I'm a serious lurker here on and off, but I thought I might try and pop up to say hello today! :shock: So I'm really sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place, from what I could figure out it seemed to be the best place for it?

Anyway, I joined back in January, made an intro post, and didn't follow it up..... Sorry! :(

I just thought I'd start by sharing some pics of my bunnies- we have Mouse, Chalk (both nearly 1 year old now) Barney (3 yrs) and Snowy (2 1/2). We have managed to bond them all together, they were originally in pairs, and they all moved in together about 6 weeks ago and have been very happy since!

This is little Chalk (female):

1212952066.jpg

And Mouse (also female, bonded to Chalk)

1217114295.jpg

Barney (male, originally bonded to Snowy)

1214237300.jpg

And last but definately not least, Snowy!

1217113093.jpg

All 4 happily bonded bunnies (and don't worry, everybun is spayed and neutered!) live in this cage:

1215572039.jpg

In our living room, which they have taken over lol, but we don't mind at all, they are part of the family. Actually, it's just me, my boyfriend and the bunnies, so they ARE the family, and more animals than humans live in my house lol!

Hope you enjoy the pics, and sorry if they're too big... :?

Jen

:shock: Wow that was quick with the replies!

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you liked the pics! I'm quite proud of the cage, it took some building lol.... I did worry that it might be too small at first, but they seem to have plenty of space in there, plus they get around 10 hours per day out anyway...

We've had our complications along the way though- in May, Chalk developed an abscess on her intestinal wall which ruptured and led to peritonitis... They told us we could lose her.... :cry: She had a lengthy and complicated surgery, followed by a 5-night hospital stay, and then further surgery a few weeks later to remove abscesses that had developed as a reaction to the stitches... She's now fully recovered, and you would never know that she had been ill!

Snowy has had problems with a runny nose recently, and had a dental on Friday to have ridges on her teeth filed down. We're waiting on the results of bloods and swabs to make sure there's no bacterial infection... fingers crossed! She's also recovered great though! All I can say is thank God for Pet Plan who have footed all these bills!

I'm going to try and make an effort to post a bit more round here, eeeek! :p

Back