• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A bit about "The Kids"

The Kids

Young Bun
I have introduced myself in the introductions bit & thought I would give you a bit of history now too!

I remember vaguely having a black rabbit called benjamin when I was a toddler. After him we took in one our milkman found & no one claimed which I called fiver. He was funny, he would squirt people he didnt like!!:lol:

The first rabbit I bought myself I was about 11 & I called him peter. He had a guinea pig as a friend. My dad used to call them the boys! For a long while after Peter I didn't have any of my own pets as I moved out of home etc.

Then in 2005 I went into Selby Pets at Home & saw Blossom, she looked so cute with one ear up & one ear down I couldnt resist. I rang my now husband & asked him if I could buy her! She was a house rabbit to begin with till we got the dog. She's my baby! She also only has 3 legs now after a long battle to get a bad cut to heal.

Then when we got married a year later i asked hubby (Andi) if I could buy her a friend. So I got Ebony. She was my weddding present from Andi. I tried putting them together but Blossom kept bullying Ebony who was tiny so I gave up. Ebony is all black with smokey grey feet, she's nick named loopy lou as I think she has a screw loose! I have since tried to put them together again but Ebony now tries to hump Blossom all the time so I am booking her in to be spayed. Hopefully that will cure it as they are lovely friends through the bars.

The beginning of this year I popped in Selby Pets at home again as Blossom & Ebony are sleeping at my mums while we sort out living arangements as we have sold our house & are living in a caravan. (my rabbits are very molly coddled!!) Thats when I saw Oscar! There was a poster with all his details saying he was 3 months old & basically no one wanted him. I talked hubby round & asked my mum if she didnt mind feeding one more on a morning! (I go round all the time to play & clean them mum just feeds them!)

Anyways...Oscar is so lovely, he is going to be snipped soon so I can introduce hopefully without baby rabbits!

Then a few weeks ago I was asked if I would rehome a female 6 yr old lop with servere fly strike & over weight. She is called Lilly & is now back to full health although still very timid as she wasnt impressed with me giving her antibiotics & cream on her sore bits!

I will stop rambling now you have the jist of our family! Once I've worked it out I will post pictures

aww sounds like your family keeps multiplying... regarding the bonding...not sure how much you know about it but if all buns are neutered and you introduce in a neutral area then you may e able to bond into a group i would talk to one of the rescues who could do it for you to save you the stress look forward to seeing a few piccys xx

thank you I will do that, because that is the main reason i have joined, for help with introducing. I have read some info online but some of it contradicts itself!

thank you I will do that, because that is the main reason i have joined, for help with introducing. I have read some info online but some of it contradicts itself!

doesnt it just!!!:roll: everywhere you look there is more info..... there are a few golden rules to bonding i think which are neutral area..not to big and area...dont split unless actually fighting...fur pulling humping etc is fine as is chasing.... locking on and rolling is not.... there is a section on bonding on here you may find useful when you come to try them again!? :wave:

hey sound slike you have lots of lovely buns, providing everyone is spayed or neutured you could even have a group!

i had 2 pairs, one boy and one girl in each for a year, but 3 days ago i made them into a group of four :D

anything is possible if every bun is 'fixed' if there not, its not even worth trying to be honest! lol!

too many hormones!

Back