• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Cookie and Treacle UPDATE

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Treacle is jellys daughter, and Cookie is a bun katie aka bunlover rescued for me last november. he was matted, long claws, in stasis and had dodgy eyes. eventually he was well enough to live with treacle and they are a happilybonded couple. They have a thistle hall hutch and happy hutch run.

they live at my mums work. and while someone you may object to this,just listen. My mum works with people who have learning difficulties, and they ADORE these buns, one of them made them a bowl in his pottery class and said he did it bcus they are his friends. The difference these bunnies have made to their lives is astonishing. and the bunnies love itbcus they have 13 'owners' aka the residents, and 4 careworkers, one being my mum, who adore them too.

Unfortunatly there is a lot of problems at my mums work, and people are 'dropping eachother in it' my mum is currently in trouble bcus she sold them my run for £20, which i paid £50 for but it wasnt suitable to be moved about alot, so i had it for 7 days then sold it. i cnt go into detail bcus its private and personal as a company, but basically 1 woman who hates my mum, is trying to get rid of the rabbits.

she is writing complaints saying none of the people want them, and they smell, andthey never get fed, and how they r purley there for me and my mum to make a profit. My mum got angry and said that i paid nearly £100 for cookies treatment plus neutering and didnt take a PENNY off them. so thats rubbish.

but i think this woman is going to get her way :(:(:(:(

Last edited:
oh no :( i know they are well cared for there... if push comes to shove sarah j do you thin if they try to get rid of them that the buns could live with you? hate tothink of them homeless or even just have a holiday with you until its all calmed down and settled? maybe with a visit to residents once a week?

this is the thing, im away at uni from sept, and mum is looking after my buns, thing is she adores them to peices too.

The residents are literally going to be heartbroken, especially as they are almost like children, they wont understand. we may keep them here permanently, and then mum will take them in for visits.

they cnt get rid of them without them coming here as we have an agreement, that they would come here if anythign was to happen.

we just have to decide if we want to keep them or rehome them.

now i have mine in a four i really dont want another pair, as i did this so id idnt have to split myself between the two, but they are both so special to me, the idea of someone else having them makes me fill up with tears.

My mum is being interveiwed tomorrow, and HOPEFULYL they can stay there. if not they will come here and we will make a decision from that.

It makes me angry this woman is doing this, she writes notes saying 'rabbits didnt have a SCRAP OF FOOD today' when they HAD been fed but theyd eaten it all and they had loads of hay but she dusnt get that.

treacle is just like jelly and i cnt bear to not be in contact with her, and then cookie, well i didnt get him better and do all that for him sohe could be slung out like rubbish :(:(:(

deep down i think they will stay here bcus mum will want that

Hope this gets sorted out for you and the bunnies :)

Why do busy bodies at work have to get involved and ruin things for everyone else :roll: had experience of that myself!

hate people like this woman... i feel bad for you i wish i could offer to have them as a forever home here i would love to but i just cant and dont want to upset bond between dora and arthur.... :(:( but if they were desperate and needed to stay on a temperary basis maybe could work something out indoors?aww little cookie is sooo sweet... bless him i hope that the buns and residents welfare gets put before this stupid woman.

hate people like this woman... i feel bad for you i wish i could offer to have them as a forever home here i would love to but i just cant and dont want to upset bond between dora and arthur.... :(:( but if they were desperate and needed to stay on a temperary basis maybe could work something out indoors?aww little cookie is sooo sweet... bless him i hope that the buns and residents welfare gets put before this stupid woman.

he is so different to the bun you brought to me last year, ill be honest he hasnt lost much weight cus he doesnt run about much lol but hes so happy. and its odd the vet could find nothing which would makehis eyes like that, but as soon as he went to mums work and lived with treacle they cleared up 100%

tbh we can keep them until they find a home, its just i hate having themherein limbo cus i cnt love them if there fosters, its too hard :(

he is so different to the bun you brought to me last year, ill be honest he hasnt lost much weight cus he doesnt run about much lol but hes so happy. and its odd the vet could find nothing which would makehis eyes like that, but as soon as he went to mums work and lived with treacle they cleared up 100%

tbh we can keep them until they find a home, its just i hate having themherein limbo cus i cnt love them if there fosters, its too hard :(

agreed.... im sure he is so much happier now... and sound like he was crying for love xxx ....lol about weight its ok our chelsea is a bit overweight but we love her still...its only a problem if its putting strain on them!and caussing them not to clean themselves :) glad they can stay with you of course fostering is too hard...how did end up with my own buns?!!! i hope that tings get sorted keep me in the loop? :)

Update

It sounds like these bunnies will be with us by christmas.

One of the people who love the bunnies is moving to a different supported housing, so this woman has taken it upon herself to have a MEETING to say that they are not cared for.

Mum said repeatedly, that they dont need food all day and that they have hay. and she said 'well i NEVER see them with SCRAP of food'. My mum has even offered to take full responsibility, unpaid, to look after the bunnies and help the residents out after her shift or during lunch, but this woman wont let it go.

Its so unfair bcus one of the boys was so shy before the bunnies came along, and hes made a bowl for them at his pottery class saying 'cookie and treacles bowl' :love: and he sits in the run with them, and cookie loves him.

and now hes going to be heartbroken.

The worst thing is, both me and my mum want to keep them :oops: but we cant, i mean i have the space, i have the time, i can afford the food, hay etc as i do boarding and have four as it is but i cant afford vaccinations for them, £15 x 4 myxo, (2ice yearly) and 2 VHDS (1 each) i just cant.

im SO upset, i love them both and its not fair

Update

Cookie and Treacle will be returning to us. Unfortnatly we are unable to offer them a permanent home, but they will stay with us until they find their forever home, they will not go to a rescue that has been agreed.

The short version is, this woman still wants them gone, and one of the people who looks after them amazingly, is having to move out anyway and they wanted her to take them with her. While she would love and care for them, i explained that she wouldnt know if anything was wrong with them and could neglect them even though she loves them dearly.

My mum has had alot of trouble there and has been offered a job somewhere else with alot more pay and better hours. If she knew she was leavign Cookie and Treacle somewhere they are much loved and will be forever, we would trust them to her current workplace, but unfortnatly we beliebe once my mum has gone they will continue with their battle to 'get rid of them'.

So, they will returning here, until they find their forever home.

:(

Awww what a shame :( But it sounds as if it will all eventually work out for the best - if your mum gets a nicer, better paid job and cookie and treacle will still have each other and the home they are used to. They'll just have different people caring for them - so although the residents will no doubt miss them, I'm sure the bunnies will be just fine :)

Awww what a shame :( But it sounds as if it will all eventually work out for the best - if your mum gets a nicer, better paid job and cookie and treacle will still have each other and the home they are used to. They'll just have different people caring for them - so although the residents will no doubt miss them, I'm sure the bunnies will be just fine :)

exactly, my mum wanted to leave as the atomosphere there is just awful because of the tension, and if we felt that they would be safe there we would love to leave them there as they love them, but we couldnt garentee their future there.

We never thought a reason for themn leaving would be the actual care workers, and it is SUCH a shame, because they are so loved. But these two will be safe here until they find a home. If it ends up being forever, then so be it, i love them dearly, as does my mum.

But hopefully someone will want these two cuties

aww im sorry they re not going to stay there i know tehy were happy.. man i would love to keep them as a permenant home but you know tom said no :( (and i do already have stitch here as an indefinate foster waiting for a enw home.. so sorry glad tehy are staying with you though until forever home found... i love cookie so much.. wish we could have him.... :(

i hope someone will want them, they are gorgeous bunnies.

the only thing i am asking is that theyre names are kept. sounds silly, but people often rename because its 'new home new lease of life' etc, but i dont want that bcus they havent been mistreated.

they are cookie and treacle, thats who they are :(

Could your Mum afford the vaccines? After all she loves the bunnies too!

yes we could afford the extra vaccines, but the problem is we couldnt afford six bunnies if they all got ill, and it may never happen, but it isnt fgair to keep them and then panic and not know what to do etc if that time came.

We can easily afford the daily costs, which is why they will stay with us for as long as it takes. if push came to shove we would find a way to provide for them if nobody wants them. but we hope someone will :(

I'm so sorry to hear that Cookie n Treacle have been pushed out. If the woman really thought they didn't have enough food why didnt she put some in?(I KNOW you feed them!!) shes clearly just done it to be spiteful-why? Never mind at least they're with you now for the time being x sue:wave:

Back