• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Unbelievable!!

hunnybun

Mama Doe
I got a call last night from someone requesting I take 2 rabbits into the rescue.
I don't work on a first come first basis here at the rescue I take in what rabbits most need my help first.
After asking her a few questions it seemed they were at her home and were being taken care of but that she did not want them any anymore.

I said " so they are being fed and watered and have shelter" she said " well I feed them on a Monday" :shock::shock::shock::shock: then I don't get back until a Friday!!!! :shock::shock: so these poor rabbits for God knows how long have been stuck in hutch for at least five days with several bowls of food and I am guessing that what water they had would not last 5 days! and we have had some very hot days these last few weeks :shock::censored::cry: Just when you think nothing else can shock you, something always does! they are coming to the rescue today. I am going to have to tie my hands behind my back today when she gets here :censored: I can't think of any excuse for what she has done :cry:

DSCN4092.jpg

Last edited:
Can you report her? It's completely wrong, not only lack of exercise but the risk of flystrike or anything else happening to the rabbits. These poor rabbits shouldn't have ever been left so long like that :(:evil: I can't believe some people.

I will wait and see what her story is but it is reportable.

people like that should be named and shamed. She could easily decide in a few months time that she would like to have rabbits again and there would be nothing stopping her.

People like that me me sick.I wish I could put her in a hutch and feed her on monday and leave her until friday.Why do people get animals then treat them like toys five minute wonder then get bored of them and dont want them any more.ARRRR:evil::evil:

They have arrived, the younger of the two is a little thin, they are both a bit dehydrated and very dirty and smelly. Their living conditions have obviously been awful :( but they are safe now and are stretched out in a big hutch with loads of hay, nice fresh food and two water bottles. They are lovely wee things ( b&w dutches) will post photos later :wave:

What a shame :( poor bunnies. the woman ought to be locked up for 5 days with 1 meal and 1 glass of water and see how she likes it!!! At least theyre safe with you now though :)

You have to wonder if these people care about anything.

Still, there are now two bunnies who'll think it's Christmas every day :)

Poor buns =[ At least they're with you now.

Honestly, if you know you're going to be gone for a while like that, ask your neighbors to help'???? When we went away for a month my neighbor came over everyday and put Nomaru outside, put him away, fed/watered him and even cleaned his cage!!!

I'm sure there has to be ONE neighbor willing to help and understand, but if you're just not going to care enough to...well, care, then you shouldn't have a bunny anyways!!! :evil:

What is with some people!! I mean its obvious to an adult that basic requirements is fresh food and water and clean living areas!! what do they think happens if thats not provided adeqaurtly (sp)??? :censored:

Ive been and collected rescue rats before from horrendouse conditions and keeping your cool is the hardest thing to do. Inside I want to lash out.

Glad the buns are safe and living in what must seem to them luxery. xx

My first thought after reading what she said was that she was lying about feeding them on a monday and then a friday to jump the queue. But after you saying they are thin it just makes my blood boil. Im really pleased they are with you now.
Sallyx

Cost of holiday + cost of bunny boarding = £ x .

Money spare < £ x , therefore no holiday or cheaper holiday.

The maths is simple! Or have I missed something? Some people want to have their cake and eat it.

Besides our buns came with us for years ( advantage of British hol in caravan! and there are not so many advantages with this weather ).

I wonder if some people see rescues as easy "get out" clauses. On the other hand if too much fuss is made what would happen then to these unwanted buns?
I dread to think!

Last edited:
Back