• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this plantain?

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
000_0884.jpg

yep. They look a bit like big green bananas. And it is the most yummy thing ever when fried! Mmmmmmmmm :love:

Plantain is a great plant, very beneficial.:D Would be one of my Desert island plants if I had to choose ( just realised how sad that makes me sound ):shock::lol::lol:

I go to our local graveyard and pick it :oops: . It's good for both torts and buns and there's signs at the graveyard stating "dogs must be kept on leashes" so I'm assuming it hasn't been polluted by dog pee or car emissions.

It's so frustrating walking along the road and seeing all sorts of quality plantain and dandelions and not daring to pikc them. A frind of mines guinea pig died and the only thing different was dandelions picked from the side of the road so it's possible that was the cuase of death.

My garden's full of dandelions and plantain. It used to annoy me, but now Alfie keeps them all under control. :lol:

Back