• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cuddly toys and rabbits

Lread

Young Bun
Is it ok for my house Rabbit Molly to lick a cuddly toy rabbit.

She has recently become a house rabbit in order that we can spend more time with her.

She decided to jump on to the sofa and started to lick and cuddle up to my soft toy rabbit.

Can anyone see this being a problem for her?

I don't mind her having the rabbit in her cage, if it is safe for her. As she seems to like it so much. :?

What do we think?

As long as she's not chewing any of it i don't see it as a problem.She could be telling you she needs a wee pal ;) x

I know and I feel awful :(, but we have three rabbits.

Poppit, Mow and Molly.

Molly started with Poppit and then they decided to fight - both neutered and I did really try to keep them together.

Then I got Mow a little boy and tried him with Molly and they fight - a rescue even tried to bond them for me and no success - so Mow now lives outside with Poppit and they are happy.

I get so scared trying to bond rabbit and she is three now and I decided not to try again with her - really doesn't tolerate being mounted.

Hence we brought her indoors, so she has our company.

Louise

Oh sorry didn't realise.Well if she's going to get on okay with a toy she's got a wee pal as well as you's.Just keep a wee eye like i say she doesn't chew it.If she decides to attack it it won't do any harm either :lol:.Haha kinda cute.I've given mines toys before to cuddle into.All the best x

Blue gets attatched to things sometimes. Its like he goes through phases. One time, for about a week he dragged a sock around with him. If i tried to take it away hed stamp his feet and run off to hide with it. Was the same with a small cuddly piglet (from winny the pooh)hat came in an easter egg. Then one day he just stops.
Well, what can you do? :roll:
I guess as long as shes not chewing it then its ok.
x

Misty has a teddy that she cuddles up to and grooms...as someone said earlier as long as they dont chew it they should be fine:D

Everybun needs a cuddle.

our old bun poppy once humped a bunny teddy we had, luckily it went in the washer as she made a mess on it and the rug, funny bunny! kids were mortified tho and it was interesting trying to explain it away...:oops:

My dwarf lop has been sleeping with a teddy rabbit for the past 4 years lol
I put her in the washing machine once a week and line dry and she can't wait to get her back! She never bites her but she does hump her and also cuddles her and the vet said she's very happy. She is E.C positive so cannot live with another bun though I have another one, just in a seperate cage. BTW they are both house bunnies :D

:wave: we collect nightmare before christmas things and all of our 3 buns HATE him!!!:lol:we have a ??doll?? cuddly type figure of him that is in reach and they go over to him, knock him over and dig him:lol::lol:
dont understand it as there are other similar things that they leave alone!!
i think they just get drawn to certain things:roll:

Back