• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

getting my new rabbit tomorrow!

Catherine896

Young Bun
Hello, Ive just joint, I have a thread in the intro section :wave:

Tomorrow I am hopefully getting a baby rabbit from a rescue local to me :D
She will be living inside with free range to my sitting room, Im hoping to bond her with my current female who is 3/4 years old.

Was just wondering for in the future, Ive always wanted a 'giant' rabbit. Do you think one could be bonded into 'normal' sized rabbits?

Could they live alongside 2 cats? Ive seen some before that were actually bigger than my cats lol. My cats dont bother the rabbit I have now although they arent allowed in the sitting room whilst the rabbit is out.

My female at the moment has an indoor hutch which I open in the morning for her to come out and close back up in the evening. The new female will have her own indoor hutch too.

I take it a giant rabbit couldnt be in one of the hutches as it will be too big lol! So do they just free roam all day and night? What sort of temperaments do they have? Which type of giant rabbit makes the best pet? Ive heard all sorts like flemish, british etc.

ooh, how exciting, good luck. I think any size bun can be bonded with another, as long as it's done right etc. As for the cat thing, i think it depends on the temperament of both bun and cat, but mine are fine together and a lot of other members have cats and buns together. :)

iv only had frenchies out of the biggies, and they were so quiet n affectionate...cant comment on other big breeds.

Got her! She has settled in really well! Is bouncing about in her new hutch, been chewing on everything in site and throwing her toys around!

My female Stix is quite taken by her, led as close as she could get through her hutch lol!

Here she is :love:

120820081191.jpg

120820081190.jpg

120820081189.jpg

And one of her led down but I had to take it through the bars :roll:

120820081187.jpg

Isnt she adorable :love:

Back