• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ideas for hamster cages&hammies

bunlover

Warren Veteran
hi i am aware lots of people recently wanted ideas for thier hammies homes so im just uploading some pics of my cages and hammies as i find cage/tubs/ladders the best way to give them lots of space nb mine are a bit spoiled they also have 1-2 hours run in hallway or under stairs(or garden in run if warm) too except the dwarves who are so quick they have to have their run in the bath else id lose them!! (sorry my sig is so out of date it needs updating but i havent the time!)

so presenting:

Frank and his cage(loing haried syrian rescued from breeder before i had him he never had a house or wheel or toys)(about 1year old)
SS100098.jpg

SS100099.jpg

SS100183.jpg

poptart and cage(rescued from petshop at £2.cuz too old at 6 months never been given a house or wheel before :( now around 9months old)
SS100187.jpg

SS100182.jpg

aston & martin before when were together in one cage (rescued after being dumped in a carrier bag on someones door step brothers who had previously lived happily together for a year)
SS100113.jpg

aston now seperated (he attacked martin and hurt him a lot :roll:)
SS100179.jpg

martin in new lone cage
SS100180.jpg

and here are the two gorgeous babes im looking after for a freind they both normally live free range (tho seperatly)and get additional runs to where they live in a hamster proofed living room....gosh if i had to hamster proof my whole house it would be a nightmare!!!!!

Itsy &cage long haired syrian rescued from a breeding farm normally lives loose in a bathroom with his cage as a base to go into.
SS100188.jpg

SS100144.jpg

SS100152.jpg

Monkey & cage rescued from a breeding farm tho normally she has 2 of these joined together with tubes she got out the other day so has to just be in 1 only now...naughty girl!!! she normally lives loose in a hamster proof bathroom with her cage as a base to go into.
SS100181.jpg

SS100178.jpg

SS100140.jpg

and this is my deceased hammy porridge rip my little man he was agorgeous dwarf cambells the freindliest thing who had cancer lump was runt of litter and no teeth he livd a happylife to age 4 being spoon fed baby food aww...
Pictures015.jpg

Pictures017.jpg

please feel free to add your own i like new ideas too!!!

Last edited:
Awwwwwww what lovely lucky hamsters :D Its a good idea with the storage tubs. I made them before for the gerbils so maybe once schofield settles into his new place i could make extensions!

Are Aston & Martin Robos? If so I agree with the losing them part, I have just mastered the knack of keeping them still for just long enough for a quick health check, well all 10 seconds of it! :lol::lol::lol:

DSC_0006.jpg

Monty

DSCF1585.jpg

this is montys cage, its a good size he loves it! :D

and his play area

its a puppy pen from PAH, i use it for bunnies and for monty, currently usuing it to bond my four but usually its for monty!
DSC_00081.jpg

DSC_00011.jpg

Awww bless them :)

Wish my Tulip could have lots of space and toys but since she went blind she gets freaked out to easily!

aww sarah j i love monty!!! :love: and yup aston and martin are robos...the fastest things i ever saw!!! lol hence their name aston martin!!! lol

Back