• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RWA conference in Feb at Nottingham!

karen1980

Mama Doe
Hello!!

Is anyone planning to go?

I know its so far off but im excited!!

Can anyone tell me what this years one was like?

Thanks for the heads up as was just about to post to see if anyone knew if the conference was happening :)

I missed last years but went to the 2005 one in Newcastle which was excellent, very informative. Is there any info around on the date/location etc?

Went last year and wasn't hugely impressed, a lot of the lectures were fairly basic i.e. rabbits need hay for these reasons, they need space for these reasons. BUT there was a fantastic lecture on skin grafts by Romain Pizzi which was fascinating. Good for networking too.

Am in 2 minds about going this year, especially as it's so expensive.

Er Nix, if you want to go, then we could car share and I am sure we can stay at David's sisters in Nottingham overnight.

Haven't seen how much it is yet, but it would be nice to meet some folks from further up the country.

H :D

Oh and the food was rubbish last year - if you were a veggie you could have a choice of about 4 items which were a bit greasy! Understand that it might be better at a different venue, but if I think I would have to take sandwiches just to be sure of getting a good lunch :D

Alison, it's Saturday 28th Feb at New College Nottingham.

The AGM is on the Sunday for those wanting to have some input into how the RWF is run.

Thanks for that - I'll probably go, it might be interesting to stay for the AGM too. I have complained a lot about some of their policies in the past but have growing sympathy for them, when you realise the committee is actually just 6 people or thereabouts, what they do for that is incredible!

Back