• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on Bonding my bunnies please...

ribbons

Mama Doe
Hi folks...

I currently have four bunnies... 3 boys & 1 girl & I am getting a new girl tomorrow.

My boys are 2 lionheads one is 12 weeks old & I have a netherland dwarf... None are together at present but I would like to bond my lionhead baby & netherland... How easy is this to do?

I have some idea of what to do however I am not an expert on it & would like to seek some advice please...

Also my lionhead boy currently lives himself but again would be keen to bond him at some point... My female lionhead has had one litter with him & the baby is baby lionhead...

I am keen to get a few bunnies from a rescue as I do have space, love & time to offer a bunny a home but would like to ensure I can bond them if possible with one of mine...

Now none of my boys are neutered so I guess I should do that first before putting baby lionhead & netherland together?
How long after neutering can the bonding process begin?

All bunnies have hutches & runs & can see each other & are all very happy but always good to try & make them happier...

I am getting a 9 week old lionhead cross female tomorrow & was wondering if I should bond her with my female lionhead but my concern was that my female lionhead is very greedy & that is why I chose not to bond her with her son as she gets fat & thats one thing I cant stand is fat animals so I dont know if she should be bonded???

I could get new bunny a friend from a rescue though...

All advice very much appreciated...:D

:wave: The key thing before beginning any bonding really is to get all buns neutered. Then if you're looking to adopt I would recommend finding your local rescue and talking to them about finding suitable partners. Most rescues will help with or advise you about the bonding process.

:wave: The key thing before beginning any bonding really is to get all buns neutered. Then if you're looking to adopt I would recommend finding your local rescue and talking to them about finding suitable partners. Most rescues will help with or advise you about the bonding process.

Thats great thanks!
I would love to rescue a few buns but want to make sure I get it right...:D
I will get my two boys neutered & then take it from there...
Is it okay to bond a neutered male with a female that hasnt been neutered?

hi ribbons!

i wouldnt bond an unspayed girly bcus it may work now, but then when she gets terratorial and hormonal the bond could break and he may not accept her back when she is spayed, it does sometimes work, it worked with Thea's Bobbin and Roo, but to be on the safe side i would spay her pre bonding.

you can always try a group like me!:D

Back