• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Under The Weather Or What Else? U/D photos

HelB

Warren Scout
Hope i'm posting in the correct area, anyways..

Toyah (the rescue) has been seeming a bit under the weather for the past couple of days. She seems to be moulting - at least thats all I hope it is. I'm worried that she may have lost weight and seen as though I feed both my pair together I thought she was eating. She will eat from your hand and also the grass but I dont know whether i'm just worrying for no reason and the only reason she feels thinner is because she has lost lots of hair (she looks like half a rabbit). I was hoping if I posted some pictures whether anyone would be able to tell me if it was a moult? I am going to weigh her as well. Her behaviour hasnt really changed, she never has been a cuddly happy rabbit, more of a sit and watch type of rabbit. Rory (my other) is younger, more agile and likes to play. How can i get her to put on some weight without Rory putting on weight, he is a good weight to feel.

Ps. I'm worried as I go on holiday in the morning. Leaving my parents in charge of the buns! Kinda just wanted some reassurance before I go.

Last edited:
2008_0810Rabbits0006.jpg

Last edited:
can only see one piccy but definatly looks like a big moult to me ...

Nemo started moulting again last night ... i stroked him and a few tufts appeared so i pulled them out :shock: he now has an almost bald patch as big as a 50p ... poor lad :roll:

ha, i think it is as well but I have told my parents that if she looks any different by tuesday morning that they must take her to the vets for a check over. I am leaving them the numbers. I will try and put another photo up.

Shes gorgeous :love: it does look like she is just moulting. i was shocked when Lottie moulted this year, i even took her to the vet as she had such a big patch that was really short but it was just her new hair growing :) Enjoy your holiday

I think it is, i'm just panicking (again!) cos its the 1st time i've seen a moult - especially on this scale, but then again she had soooo much fluff! You just dont realise how much fur there is until its gone, but i didnt realise it would grow back all short and tufty on the back. I suppose i just thought she would lose fur but look the same, i'm a bit daft really!!

She has been a bit quiet but has been so good at sitting and letting me stroke her, she loves the top of her head and ears stroked!

Thank you!!

1) Get a bowl of water.
2) Put your bun in front of you
3) wet your hand w/ the water and run your finger on her fur
put the moulted fur on your finger in a bag
4) you have to do this for about 20 min. until you can't get any more fur
5) now your bun is wet, take her indoor for 2 - 4 hr. until the fur is dry

When your bun moult this much fur, there is a serious damage to her and her boyfriend (the tan color one) as they lick their fur

That much fur will most likely cause a blockage in their stomach. There are forum member who lost bun due to the above problem

Also, increase the tablet of enzyme chew for both bun

Back