• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I don't want to loose Evie too /UD I've lost her/ some preliminary test results in

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Evie now seems to be having dental troubles on top of all her other problems. This poor girl has had such a horrendous past life and has so many things wrong with her it seems so unfair that this is happening to her too.

She normally wolfs down her food but tody she is really struggling and looks so miserable. I will be ringing the vet first thing in the morning to get her seen as an emergency. I've beeen told in the past that there is little chance she will survive a GA so am so worried that she will need a dental. I don't want to loose Evie especially so soon after loosing Hamish :( She is such a special bunny.

HPIM0920.jpg

Last edited:
Awww bless her.

Have you checked her ears Liz ? My EL decendents ( The Velveteens !! ) exhibit 'Dental like' symptoms when they actually have an ear infection.
As you know the EL are very prone to Otitis externa/media

Wow what a beautiful bunny.

I really hope she does ok. They are such a worry, and I really don't know how you cope with so many needy bunnies. Sending LOTS of vibes. xx

Awww bless her.

Have you checked her ears Liz ? My EL decendents ( The Velveteens !! ) exhibit 'Dental like' symptoms when they actually have an ear infection.
As you know the EL are very prone to Otitis externa/media

Evie's ears are a mess we have been battling ear mites for months but with little success. Apparently they really need flushing under GA but the vets say it's not worth the risk. They are constantly full of wax which I try my best to keep clean, but everytime I do it it seems to make her more irritated and she scratches them badly.

Obvioulsy her ears will be thoughly checked tomorrow :D
Finding something wrong that doesn't require a GA would make my day, I really love this bunny

My bun Smudge has severe dental disease. Last weekend he was very poorly and stopped eating I got him eating again with baby food apple & pear flavour which he loves! He laps it up from the end of a syringe. I also now mix his SS pellets with warm water to make it easier for him to eat and this has helped him a lot. I also have to grate or peel carrots and other hard vegetables and also tear greens/cabbage into small pieces so he can eat them. Have you tried all these things to make it more comfortable for her to eat?

Sending lots of get well vibes and hope she is feeling better soon.

Thanks for the advice :D

I have grated her carrot today to make it easier for her, but unfortunately if it is her teeth she is still likely to need a dental however easy I make it for her to eat her food :(

I was thinking that as there is Guy Carter in Watford, but I'm not sure how co-operative she would be as she does have some brain damage which can make her quite stroppy :?

Ive heard that he is a brilliant bunny vet.Sending loads of healing vibes for Evie

Evie managed to eat some of her tea but not with any enthusiasm. She is just sitting in her litter tray not moving and looks really depressed. She didn't even really want her Metacam and she loves metacam ( she has it daily for her twisted spine )

I've cleaned her ears out as they were waxy as usual but dont particulaly look inflammed. I've checked her teeth and it is possible there could be a problem there. Now her good eye looks really red and sore but not weepy.

I am so worried about her :(

Back