• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do people have pets Update post 22 page 3

Hunnybunny2007

Warren Veteran
I have acquired a lionhead and guinea pig from free-ads. They were living together in;
twinkle003-2.jpg

When I collected them they were in a pet carrier together, with a cat sitting on top of it meowing, the piggy was squashed underneath the rabbit and they were petrified. The owner opened the carrier and grabbed the bunny - a lovely lionhead, with a weepy eye (she assured me that wasn't there earlier), I hesitated for a moment, but then her dog tried to get in the carrier after the piggy:censored: She told me how she used to breed rabbits but gave up as all the females were nasty so she gave them away:censored:
They have both been vet checked, the rabbit had matted fur around his eye and is on eye drops, he might have to have his tear ducts flushed, He had his myxi whilst we were there he is such a sweetie - he has not been out of that tiny hutch in a year:cry:
I have put him in a hutch with a small run attached, away from my own bunnies, he hasn't worked out yet that he can come out into the run you have to lift him out:cry: His coat was matted and looks so dull - the guinea pig is in a cage on his own in a spare bedroom so he can get used to his new surroundings. They are both so nervous:cry: All the time I was there the dog kept jumping up and barking and her son said I could have the dog too:evil:
I asked about their diet and she replied oh they eat anything - I asked for a bag of food and the hutch, I actually wanted to run over it and her, but I smiled sweetly and said thank you:oops:
They didn't have names, so introducing:

Basil

twinkle002-1.jpg

and Herbie

twinkle008-1.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly, some people should never be allowed to have any animal :evil:

Well done for helping Basil and Herby, they are both lovely :)

Aww poor things good job that you now have them they now have a chance of happiness

Basil just lets you do anything - he's too scared to move, I put eye drops in twice a day and he just sits still whilst I do it - I would probably lose one of my own eyes if I tried with my other buns. He is approx 1 year old and spent all of his time in that hutch, Herby is about 3 months old - people :evil::censored:

Aww poor bunny & Piggy. Love the new names. There really out to be somesort of ownership test you have to pass before being allowed to keep pets. Still, as they can't do one of those for people to have children, pets have no chance. :roll:
Glad they're with you and being well cared for now, but sorry that it's another drain on your finances.

Awww they're beautiful!! :love: I 'acquired' Bobby in a similar situation two weeks ago and he's fab now.( he's in my siggie)

Well done!!! :love:

What ashame :(, where i live when i walk dogs their is someone who has a rabbit and guinea pig in a hutch about that size maybe a bit smaller and i feel so sorry for them, the hutch is like its abandoned in middle of the garden its not even against a wall, they so have a round SMALL metal run but i never see them in it :( xx

Back