• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

infuriated

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
my neice and my sister have Star, one of jellys babies so he is also dominos brother.

He is due to be staying here for 2 weeks as a house bunny, but hes vaccines are due. i run a bunny boarding but do it for free for my sis. heres the phone call

me "stars jabs are due about now arent they? make sure hes had them before he comes to ours"

her : "oh im not getting him vaccinated anymore bcus my friend has kept rabbits fo years and has never vaccinated and most of them have been fine"

im not going to write the whole convo but basically i got annoyed and she said 'its personal choice and i have my reasons' i said 'yeh your reasons is cost of cost"

i mean FFS she even gets her vaccines for TEN POUNDS cus she gets them cheap cus of PDSA. and my neice ashley LOVES star..surely he is worth the £10 to vaccinate him!

another one of jellys babies Rainbow, who my best friend has died 3 days days ago, probably of VHD, bcus she didnt jab her when they were due.

next week i have to pay out £52 for myxi jabs and £25 for 2 vhd jabs, (as only 2 are due now, the other 2 are due oct, so another £25 then) but if you have pets you should vaccinate them!!!

i said 'well star cant stay here then' and she went 'fine il take him somewhere else'

her : "oh im not getting him vaccinated anymore bcus my friend has kept rabbits fo years and has never vaccinated and most of them have been fine"
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Nice to know *most* is good enough for her! I appreciate that people don't always have their bunnies vaccinated (heck, my old bun Smudge only had vaccines for the first 3 years of her life :oops:, so I'm in no position to criticise her - my buns now are both vaccinated, I've learnt a lot about bunny care since then) BUT surely she realises that you run it a business and that rules about vaccinations are there to protect ALL the bunnies you care for and by letting unvaccinated buns in you'd be putting your livelihood at risk.

Her attitude seems incredibly selfish.

i said to her that i have my own four, who she KNOWS mean the world to me, plus 7 boarding bunnies, so by no way is it fair.

i mean for the sake of a tenner, how can it be worth it? i mean when i seemm vet bills for 3 vaccines a year for four bunnies, 2 myxis and 1 vhd, its £150 a YEAR to vaccinate all my buns, but its what you do if you have pets.

Mum is getting him vaccined tonight and hes staying indoors just to be on the safe side, but we are both so angry.

imean TEN pounds?! its nothing. i have to get him done though, i couldnt bear to see Star suffer for the sake of ten measley pounds :(

oh well, as long as only a few suffered horrible deaths, that's fine - at least she saved £10 :roll:

disgraceful :evil::evil:

i think if you have pets you shouldnt really go away for too long on holidays anyway or at least go places where you can take them, i understand for small animals is a bit hard, mum had lots of animals and she didnt have a holiday until i was old enough so she could have a break without me i was 16 so i was mature enough to look after them for her, if you are going to put an animal i a holiday home i do strongly agree with haveing your pets vaccined as although other pets may be vaccined other animals carry stuff which they may pass on, if you dont want to vaccine you pets dont go on holiday or find someone to is responsble enough to look after them at your own place

oh well, as long as only a few suffered horrible deaths, that's fine - at least she saved £10 :roll:

disgraceful :evil::evil:

i know this isnt the point but shes not just risking the rabbit, she is risking her daughters happiness because she would be heartbroken, and you would think she wouldnt want that to happen.

i know this isnt the point but shes not just risking the rabbit, she is risking her daughters happiness because she would be heartbroken, and you would think she wouldnt want that to happen.

well exactly. could you show her some info on myxi and VHD and see if she takes it on board? It does my head in when people base an entire opinion on one isolated piece of information. :? Even if her friend had 100 unvaccinated rabbits who were lucky enough to escape infection, there's still thousands out there who weren't.

well exactly. could you show her some info on myxi and VHD and see if she takes it on board? It does my head in when people base an entire opinion on one isolated piece of information. :? Even if her friend had 100 unvaccinated rabbits who were lucky enough to escape infection, there's still thousands out there who weren't.

no because the problem she WANTS that info to be true, so she will believe what she wants. i said to her this morning about Rainbow, who was stars sister, and she went 'but thats one in thousands' and i said no it isnt, i said that jellys baby caught myxi at 4 weeks old, before she could even BE vaccinated. but she just hears what she wants to hear. im angry that now i have to pay out for another bun, but of course i will!and she KNOWS i will

One word = FAMILY!!!!! :roll: :evil: :censored:

Star is lucky to have a caring human auntie and grandma! :D

One word = FAMILY!!!!! :roll: :evil: :censored:

Star is lucky to have a caring human auntie and grandma! :D

i feel so guilty, i got him his first vaccs, and i believed they would continue with them.... :(:(

poor star. he is lucky enough to be staying in my room lol! cheeky monkey!

Maybe you should bunny nap him x

i might hes sooo gorgeous!!

somehow i managed to get them get him neutured, although she only did it bcus my mum said she wouldpay, but then had a bad money patch so my sister did it because 'mum said she would so i HAD to' but we didnt mind bcus ta least she paid for it.

oh dear, a dog crate doesnt fit in my room........:shock:

had to use an indoor cage which i didnt want to do, but nothing else fits in my room. annoyingly i have a lovely double hutch outside, but of course he cant go in it.

oh and aparantly im cruel because i wont let him go outside in the run :shock:

Could you threaten saying that you will take him to a rescue you're friends with if she doesn't continue with vaccines. I know it seems really harsh (and lying) but if you can't use scare tactics with family then when can you?

How old is your neice again, could you show her and your sister some pics of poorly buns to drive home the point? Obviously you don't want to upset your neice but seeing her daughter worried might affect your sister. Have you explained that the diseases are spread by biting insects etc...

Could you threaten saying that you will take him to a rescue you're friends with if she doesn't continue with vaccines. I know it seems really harsh (and lying) but if you can't use scare tactics with family then when can you?

How old is your neice again, could you show her and your sister some pics of poorly buns to drive home the point? Obviously you don't want to upset your neice but seeing her daughter worried might affect your sister. Have you explained that the diseases are spread by biting insects etc...

shes 11, i tell he the truth, i tell her her could die without being jabbed, because i dont want her tolive in ignorance...but i dont go into details with her.

she got upset bcus last time she said 'why are youre rabbits going to the vet, are they ill' (then 10 yrs old) and i said 'bcus they need vaccines to stop them getting ill' and she said 'does star need them' and i said'yes he does'

and then my sister got angry with me and said id upset her making her think her rabbit was going to die

i cnt really 'scare her' as such bcus she knows i cant do that

what makes me the most angry is that, its not even like shes saying 'well i dont want to vaccinate him, but i understand that it could affect yours and your boarders so i will find somehwere else to board him"

shes said to my mum, who has just gone to get him 'thanks for nothing il find somewhere else to take him next time'

mum weny 'well if thats how u feel maybe u shud do that THIS time time, or youc ould be grateful were taking him at all'

and shes slammed the door on my mum and wont talk to her

sorry your having this argument. it is wrong to not vaccinate if money is the issue.

i gota say i thought about not vaccinating my 2 against vhd this year... purely because of the way the vaccine is made though.not to do with money. i am happily vaccinating against myxi of course...but in the end i felt if i didnt get them vhd'd then something happened id have it on my conceience....so i do have it tho wish it was made a different way. :( still i think you did the best by your borders by getting her done is it definaltly the money factor thats stopping them vaccinate? it seems an odd thing if its only a tenner?!

What a rude ignorant cow!!
(sorry for my language!)

What will it take for her to see?!

Does it have to get to the point that Star gets mxyi and your niece is in tears through watching her beloved animal dying?

I just dont get some people :(

dont get me wrong she ISNT well off, she lives in a council house but at the end of the day i am taking him bcus they r going on holiday, they still buy dvds and luxuries, okay not as many as other people can afford but it IS do able.

star is here now and he is so gorgeous ive got tears in my eyesjust looking at him bcus i cnt believe she wont do what she can to keep him around.

ill be honest, im not generally a REW lover, but he is GORGEOUS

Back