• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

first time bonding for me with biggles and carrie

areia

Wise Old Thumper
due to my fella having a nasty prang in his and reciveing whiplash (he ok btw car not ) i was unable to take biggle and carrie to janices so with her assistiance if required ive decide to have a go my self, i didnt have a cage so im using the run with cardbord and newspaper down,

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddd so far sooooo good biggles has surprised me by being quite gentlemanly :shock: he looked a little bewildered at whats he suppose to do as all his "wrestling"(this is what i tell my son he doing )with cuddly toys they didnt run away :lol: carrie has being running round and round for which i realised the run was maybe a little to big so using another indoor cage top it fits perfect in the run and so cutting it in half for which biggles quickly learnt to sit in the middle and watch her go round and round and ......he been reaching out until 20 mins in she knackered and put herself bum in corner for which he half heartedly mounted her the wrong end her nose was down and she let him do it, once!!! for which he got up went to the other side of the run and totaly flopped :lol: (wonder if harrison ford got knackered so quick) he been up and licked her ears and went a flopped again and chasing has resumed ....

Last edited:
ok update before bed its been funny really everytime ive walked past biggles tries chasing her then he comes rushing to me as if to say "she wont stay bl***y still mom " and he will repeat this. they share the hay as ive just stuck this in the middle for which he will sneak his chin up her nose she stays still so he goes further up then she go nope not having it, then i get the look of "i cant be bothered" they seem to be acting more brother and sister at the moment had a 5 mins blitz of anarcy when they both decided to tear up newspaper and try and chew the sides of the run to get out together, hes tried being devious and get her while shes eating or drinking, i have to admire his subtlety :lol:there been a little bit of thumping on her side, and when he get fed up he will nip her, she doesnt move so its not hard, hes being quite sweet, she just teasing him, as he seems what looks like he going to kiss her she leans forward then runs off again, :lol:

soooooooooooo this morning they are sitting next to each other, shes tried "wrestling" with him, he just looks confused he really does :lol: both seem more interseted in exploring outside the space, they are eating out of on bowl, sharing hay, she just not letting him do the deed, she runs off but he cant be bothered to chase her he just waits and tries when shes distracted, im temped to let them have the run of the house to see what happens they both just seem so chilled, anyone think this is agood idea or should i just leave them another night in the run.

I'd leave them another night (at least) in the run...problems seem to happen if they are moved too soon, so if it's all going to plan, don't change anything!

:wave: Hello! just got back from my hols and first thing I did was search to see how Caroline was getting on. Glad you agree that she's more of a CARRIE than a Caroline ... as I said, I always called her Carrie too :D

Definitely leave them in a small space for a good while longer and when you do let them have more space then do it slowly ... otherwise you run the risk of the bond not developing and Biggles getting funny about "his" house. Be patient and take it slowly, however tempting it is. It'll be worth it in the end.

BTW ... PHOTOS PLEASE!!!! x

well the stand off has ensued for the last 5 hours i put some more hay in for them to much he went over to her for which she put her nose down, biggles looked at me, i was like well go on then "go on what!! i dunno she will run orf " ugh men :lol:

ok i have a pic the place looks a mess as they went through a major newspaper tear up and food is everywhere, and whats with the poo competition ive never seeeeeeeeeen so much poo in such a short space of time :?

Photo-0132-1.jpg
[/IMG]

sorry bout lighting dull day

Nice to see a pic ... looks like they'll be a good match ... when they finally fall in love!

Have you considered putting them in a carrier together and walking around the house with them for half an hour or so? Would usually suggest car ride, but guess that's not poss?

so what exactly am i looking for in a good bonding, i mean they are not fighting, he seems fed up of chasing her, and he fed up of going to slide his chin up her nose when her nose is down which she seems to be doing more this arvo, my son says he saw her "wrestling" him this morning but im not sure to belive it " hense the i cant be bothered look, have i got to get one of them to do the "deed" as it were or are the schemeing for when they get out on where a, shes gonna hide, b where hes gonna try and pin her down,

i dont suppose sticking them in the car and starting it up would make a differance, they are not aggressive i think im just being too impatiant :roll:

i think im just being too impatiant :roll:

As I said before, you have to be patient. A week of taking it slowly now will hopefully result in a secure bond for many years to come. Ideally you're looking for them to lie down next to one another and to groom each other too. Some bunnies do this quite quickly and others take more time. Particularly as Biggles has been a batchelor boy for a long time it might take him a while to remember what to do!

If they don't seem to be getting close to one another it might be worth putting them in a carrier as I suggested. Just carry them around the house with you from room to room. If they're not being aggressive with each other it might just help them to realise that being right next to another bunny is a good thing! Definitely worth a try! :D

how weird biggles is not putting out and she wants it too. nose is down to the floor every time he goes over to her, so i tried somthing maybe a little unorthodox i put one of his toys in for which he promptly mounted so i then rubbed or stroked carrie with the toy hoping his scent may mark her for him to be interested. nothing as of yet, he sits with her and eats with her, no washing, he busy chewing the cage to get out and shes still sitting there waiting bless her, update tomorrow will try the carrier option tomorrow evening if nothing has happened at all

Have you tried putting a little mashed banana or some fruit baby food (read ingredients carefully to make sure it's just pure pureed fruit) on their heads? If she's putting her head down to be groomed and he isn't doing it, then he might be tempted if she's fruit flavoured :lol:

well last night i got all excited as i heard rythmic banging as it were got up slowly to have a nose nope its biggles pulling at the divide, after 2 hours of this and carrie joining in too i took the divide out, was driving me nuts, carrie was more active once i had done this one chase around the run just one !!!! resumed then he vegged, she was still going up to him nose down, he gives her a kiss then vegges :roll:
this morning i came down to carnage :lol: all the cardboard i had put down has been torn up, both of them looking at me soooooo innocently, i have watched some washing, 2 licks from each then thats it

slight problem with that biggles doesnt like soft squigy fruit :? going to cook a little apple and puree that up see if that works, he loves parsley as its a strong smell im going to rub that on her head bless her lil heart she has such a gorgeous coat,

well apple didnt work he wouldnt even lick the apple off my fingers so i painstakly crushed parsley to mush that worked for a bit :lol: her blaze is now stained green :oops:

Back