• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alvin wants to join the circus :(

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
he jumps really high :shock::shock::shock:

i nearly just cried in the vets.... im a wuss so i let ste hold the buns while the vet does thier stuff.. well cus the vet was busy tonight the vet nurse came to clip the buns nails... i think i let them get too long and alvin has one at the back that needs extra watching as itll grow into his foot :oops::oops: his quicks are really long too... i felt like a really **** bunny mom not knowing when i should be cutting claws :oops::oops::cry::cry:

and then even worse, after a further 15mins wait it was jab time... alvin only jumped over the top of stes head and as we both tried to catch him before he hit the floor he went higher hit the wall and then the floor :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

hell never forgive me for today i just know it :cry:

vet let him run about the room just to check we hadnt broken him.. im so :cry: and :oops:

Aww Donna I feel for you :cry:

I'm exactly the same with Bella - I leave the claw clipping to the vet, so they're done three times a year at vacc time, because being a demon bunny there's absolutely no way on this earth I can hold her and clip her claws single-handedly. And Tarquin is such a tiny tiny rabbit that he squiggles and squiggles so again I don't take chances and leave it to the experts.

Don't feel bad that you can't do Alvin's claws - when you've got buns with spirit like we do, I personally think it's better left to a vet, rather than try and stress both us and them out, and probably still not end up doing a decent job.

I hope Alvin's flying trip has only damaged his pride a little and nothing else. He'll forgive you - it might take a few treats to do it - but he'll come round.
Sending you and Alvin a big hug
BigHug.gif

xx

Last edited:
Alvin. :no: You really must behave for the hoomins, they are only doing lookings after you!

But you sure do jump hugh!

Make sure you forgive your hoomins - but make sure you sulk enough to get extra treats!!

If you want to run away, you can come here for a bit!

Carlton x

It's so scary when they do that:shock:

We had a stray bought into work and it ran up off one of the girls shoulders and went from 6ft in the air onto a concrete floor - don't think I've ever felt so sick :cry:

I'm glad Alvin's OK though. He's one of those buns that you feel you need to hold so tightly that you might hurt him....norty Alvin:no::no:

i suggested to ste we try doing it ourselves but he once saw the pain ralph felt when he was made to bleed by a vet.. theres no way we will ever cut claws in this house..

pearl was a total angel... froze on the spot altho one of her claws couldnt be cut because it was shorter and too close to the quick to risk it

the vet nurse said we should book them in about every 3 months just to be safe and hopefully alvins quicks might get smaller in time (is that time scale ok or should i try more often?)

ive left them caged for a bit just so they have quiet to get over the nightmare of the vets

and the total for this nightmare £62 :lol::lol::lol:

back in 4 weeks for the myxi.. oooooh cant wait for that :shock:

Can I send my dep round for the 'Hold Alvin Challenge'?

She is proper hardcore when it comes to difficult buns lol ;)

I always take Artie to have his claws trimmed, I'm too much of a coward to try and it's only £7 for a nurse to do it, which I personally think is good value compared to the trauma of attempting it myself. I've found as well if I book it at the time of a health check I only get charged the consultation fee so it's no extra.

Artie also flew off the examination table when he was 6 months old (he'd gone in for de-plumming) and I had to leave him afterwards so a bit upsetting :( I actually had nightmares about taking him for ages after that because I was so scared he would get injured, and I still have a bit of a phobia about any of them being on the examination table, I spend all my time clutching on to them.

I can imagine how you feel. When Alfie went for his first injection, the vet was absolutely useless and she almost let him scrabble off the table. That made me feel bad enough, just at the thought of what could have happened.

I hope Alvin is ok and I'm sure he won't hold it against you. ;)

Can I send my dep round for the 'Hold Alvin Challenge'?

She is proper hardcore when it comes to difficult buns lol ;)

sorry whats dep mean?

if he ever forgives me ill open the doors to the alvin challenge, for now tho its on hold hes not a happy bunny :(

sorry whats dep mean?

if he ever forgives me ill open the doors to the alvin challenge, for now tho its on hold hes not a happy bunny :(

Deputy :)

She has 7 buns. Her last one was acquired after someone dumped him in their garden!

She amazes me with now secure she can hold rabbits whilst claw trimming, grooming etc.

Alvin will soon forget what happened at the vets. You'll be remembering it long after he has forgiven and forgotten.

xx

Deputy :)

She has 7 buns. Her last one was acquired after someone dumped him in their garden!

She amazes me with now secure she can hold rabbits whilst claw trimming, grooming etc.

Alvin will soon forget what happened at the vets. You'll be remembering it long after he has forgiven and forgotten.

xx

cool give him a few weeks (and me to recover) and send her over, i dont think ill ever be bunny confident starting with a demon :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Aww dont feel bad, ive got no chance of even picking Poppy up, and this is really worrying me.She hates being brushed and picking up no-way she wriggles and scratches.She has to be spayed soon, and im dreading it if i have to administer drugs and i know im going to be OTT wanting to check her, dreading it.

Aww dont feel bad, ive got no chance of even picking Poppy up, and this is really worrying me.She hates being brushed and picking up no-way she wriggles and scratches.She has to be spayed soon, and im dreading it if i have to administer drugs and i know im going to be OTT wanting to check her, dreading it.

i have found that when alvin is poorly i can easily get water into him by syringe so dont worry too much hun, they dont seem to fight when they are knocking on deaths door.. other meds i just hide in food ;)

ohh alvin you little monkey!!!

well during our vet visits over the past 2 years we have had...

Jelly HISS at the vet as he held her up (pre spay i will add when she was at beastiest!!)

Peanut pee alll over the vet table and vet

Domino jumped onto his carry case from the table but the carry case is the type with the bars on the top so u can open it both ways, and promptly gpt a claw caught in the top which resulted in blood!!

Jelly has also jumped off the table and the vet said 'shell be alright down there!' as he jabbed peanut...jelly promptly chewed a but corner off the rubber which goes on the big scales on the floor.

Pebbles i will add is a little angel!

ohh alvin you little monkey!!!

well during our vet visits over the past 2 years we have had...

Jelly HISS at the vet as he held her up (pre spay i will add when she was at beastiest!!)

Peanut pee alll over the vet table and vet

Domino jumped onto his carry case from the table but the carry case is the type with the bars on the top so u can open it both ways, and promptly gpt a claw caught in the top which resulted in blood!!

Jelly has also jumped off the table and the vet said 'shell be alright down there!' as he jabbed peanut...jelly promptly chewed a but corner off the rubber which goes on the big scales on the floor.

Pebbles i will add is a little angel!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Jelly has wicked attitude :love::love:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Jelly has wicked attitude :love::love:

she is wicked! he was not happy with her! he went 'no what have you done!!' then she ran off, and he was trying to catch her and i was peeeeing myself laughing bcus she was almost doing binkies around the room, she does doesnt get phased by anything so she has no fear, and she thought the room was fantastic bcus it was huge!

he then went 'shes quite a handful isnt she'

peanut stayed hidden in his carrycase, me thinks he was embarassed by his wife!

she is wicked! he was not happy with her! he went 'no what have you done!!' then she ran off, and he was trying to catch her and i was peeeeing myself laughing bcus she was almost doing binkies around the room, she does doesnt get phased by anything so she has no fear, and she thought the room was fantastic bcus it was huge!

he then went 'shes quite a handful isnt she'

peanut stayed hidden in his carrycase, me thinks he was embarassed by his wife!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: least alvin only damaged himself i suppose... he was like a coiled spring, ste didnt stand a chance of stoppin him... the vet just stood there shocked :oops:

and before that stes phoned rang as the vet nurse was clipping claws, alvin boxed kicked and hissed at the opportunity to get free :roll:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: least alvin only damaged himself i suppose... he was like a coiled spring, ste didnt stand a chance of stoppin him... the vet just stood there shocked :oops:

and before that stes phoned rang as the vet nurse was clipping claws, alvin boxed kicked and hissed at the opportunity to get free :roll:

lol oh my, can u IMAGINE if alvin and jelly were a pair?:shock::shock::lol:

peanut and pearl would be all good little angels while alvin and jelly ripped up the place!

*they must never ever meet, the world would be in danger*

lol oh my, can u IMAGINE if alvin and jelly were a pair?:shock::shock::lol:

peanut and pearl would be all good little angels while alvin and jelly ripped up the place!

*they must never ever meet, the world would be in danger*

oooooh and the perfect trio of demonous would also include bunnybekkies nibbles :shock::shock::shock::shock:

Back