• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi Everyone, & can i have a little advice?

Sho87

New Kit
Hi Everyone

I'm Siobhan :wave: and new to the site.

My baby's (bunnys) in the past month have been neutered and spayed and today I notice that my little princess Trixie has a little lump on her belly. It is on the skin and I made an appointment with my vets for tomorrow as soon as I noticed it (better safe then sorry) but was wondering if anybody could give me some idea of what it might be. Can doe's still get nipples after they have been spayed? She has never had a litter before but I know that they can have phantom pregnancies. I'm very worried and I am just looking for a little piece of mind.

Hello :wave:

What you are feeling is maybe her nipples, or spay scar; best to get it checked out to be safe if you're unsure though :)

Hi Siobhan welcome to RU. Sounds like a nipple or a spay scar to me. Hope all went well at the vets :D :wave:

Hi Everybody

Thanks for asking about Trixie.

I went to our vets and the lump is just one of her nipples (phew). I am still new to keeping rabbits and also very much a worrier, so when ever I think something isn't quite right I get the them in to see the vet ASAP. I Would rather get them checked out just for piece of mind when I find something then to leave it thinking it isnt anything to worry about then a few weeks down the line it turns out to be something serious.

Luckily though the vet I take Charlie and Trixie to is absolutely lovely.

Back