• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Almost lost my rabbits!

sasha_108

Warren Scout
I went out to check on the buns who were in their run on the grass yesterday afternoon to find them gone with the door on the run wide open!
Oh my God did I panic. I spotted Charlotte almost straight away under the trampoline, but Oscar was no where to be seen. After what seemed like about an hour of searching including neighbours gardens, there he was, relaxing at the top of our garden which is fenced off as it is like a jungle at the moment!
It took forever to catch him again as I think he knew we were stressed.
It was really awful, our garden is not secure at all ad I am so grateful that they didn't get further.
My 3 year old let them out, she told me she wanted to stroke them! Now I need comination locks for all the exits. I thought I could trust the girls as they know never to open the doors but obviously not.
This should give the other half a kick up the backside to sort the fencing now.

eeeek, gosh I know how freaked out I feel if one wiggles away, our garden isn't secure, and it would be really hard to make it that way, but with rescue buns around no bunny could be free range, so it's not a huge issue... except for when they get out!!!

Scary!

I hate that heart stopping moment when you realise they're not where they should be.

Thank god they didn't venture too far, and at least now you've had a useful warning and you can make the run secure from little fingers!

I've had a few rabbits run of sometimes too...but they've never left the garden thankfully:D Might add my garden isn't fenced or anything. :roll:
But me and my dad have found Sasuke running loose in the middle of the yard twice, and Tobi was once found in a bush near the house.

I think I am going to move them to the very top of the garden once its cleared and build a big enclosure. We haven't been here long and its not been touched for years. My other half found 46 pampus grasses up there and thats just a small area! Luckily the rest of the garden is clear.

i know how it feels i had 2 of them out in the garden and a neighbour came to chat so i put gumpy in the house thinking that hed just go to his corner and sit there whilst i held myxi as i couldnt keep an eye on them both and chat. i came in and couldnt find gumpy anywhere then i realised the conservatory door had been left oped by god did i panic. but there was no need to as after running round in circles frantically a little head appeared from under the treat cupboard in the conservatory.

Back