• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

toilets

matt987106

New Kit
we use wood shavings for the toilet ( we buy it in medium sized packs from the pet shop )

i have just read about not using it

why ? ? ? ?

sawdust can make/give/worsen repiratory problems for buns apparantly

im not sure but ive changed from sawdust to towels and litter

ive just looked at Easibed

a local stockist aswell, though its for horses, so i guess the bag will be huge :( and im afraid with my VW splitscreen camper parked up in the garage, space is short :?

What kind of towels?. We need to find something soft and cheap long story see feet problems about winston.

ive just used towels that we dont use anymore you can use old sheets (thats what they have in their snuggle pit)

you could probably buy cheap towels from somewhere like tesco or primark or buy yorselves some nice ones andgive your old ones to the buns theres also some blankets on wilkinsons website £1.99 not sure how big they are x

i put towels in as the sawdust can get wet and myxi stands in the wet bits i hink she started to develop sore hocks so hopefully nipped that in the bud

You can try Carefresh if you can find somewhere that sells it. It's quite soft like wood chips, not as cheap however, although you should need less of it.

Megazorb is excellent n cheap for the size of the sack ya get its wood pulp but its soft n very absorbent , horse farms usually sell it mine was 6pound for the sack :)

I use shavings, always have.
There has only been a couple of times when I used my hamster's litter which is made of seaweeds in Sasuke's indoor litter box because I was too lazy to go out and get the shavings.

I think sawdust are worse than shavings though, never had a problem with mine, though pellets might be better in litter boxes as shavings may fly everywhere when the rabbit runs of from the box:roll:

Back