• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lionhead - weight -Alfie

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
What weight should a lionhead be? Alfie seemed a little quiet yesterday - eating fine & I caged him in the group to monitor his poos overnight - they seemed normal & frequent. I took him to the vets, & vet could spot nothing obviously wrong - although said he could do with a bit of weight gain.

He's not his usual enthusiatic self. I'm feeding him separate for a bit to make sure he's eating well & want to see if he's losing weight. He had porridge for brekkie & I will get some vitamins & stuff to add to the groups food. Is there anything you can recommend?

He was panacured for 6 weeks at the end of last year, & had myxi & VHD jabs May/Jun

:wave: Hi there, Poppy is a lionhead i havent a clue what her weight is as shes not too happy being handled (to say the least), impossible.:lol::lol::lol: Shes only a little bit, but when i had her vaccinated she was fine.Sorry im no use at all but im sending loads of vibes for Alfie.x:D

Pickle my lionhead was weighed at the vets yesterday... he is 2.0kg. He has lost a little bit of weight as he was 2.13kg before. My vet said he felt he was a little underweight as he could feel his bones quite easily :(

I am now on a programme of fattening him up a bit, by upping his pellets and giving more fresh veg (he was on minimal pellets and veg due to Twinkle being constantly messy).

Now separated but just hadnt upped his meals as he seemed fine on what he was getting (but obviously not).

:wave: hi, i have 3 lionheads. 2 of them weigh about 2.2 kg and the vet says thats fine and hippo weighs about 2.5 kg still not bad but on the podgy borderline.

tracey.

Pickle my lionhead was weighed at the vets yesterday... he is 2.0kg. He has lost a little bit of weight as he was 2.13kg before. My vet said he felt he was a little underweight as he could feel his bones quite easily :(

I am now on a programme of fattening him up a bit, by upping his pellets and giving more fresh veg (he was on minimal pellets and veg due to Twinkle being constantly messy).

Now separated but just hadnt upped his meals as he seemed fine on what he was getting (but obviously not).

He has a little belly, but he is the thinnest in the group except for Kendra - she's like a snake, but always has been.

Alfie has veg for brekkie & a handful of pellets for tea - being in a group of 9, it's a mass rush at feed time, & although he doesn't hang back, he's not pushy. I used to feed him separately, so will just do that for a bit. He's off back to be weighed again next week

I am upping veg and pellets... and grass time - I want Pickle at around 2.2kg. Am really conscious now of his weight and have put him back on SS as those are his favourite pellets and he did well on them before.

Hi Angie sorry Alfie isn't himself.

Lionheads vary as can come in all sizes so difficult to say what he should weigh:?
has he had his teeth checked?

Hi Angie sorry Alfie isn't himself.

Lionheads vary as can come in all sizes so difficult to say what he should weigh:?
has he had his teeth checked?

No - that's first thing my vet mentioned & will be what we do if he hasn't gained weight at his appointment next week.

Well, my vet said pebble was a bit overweight and she weighs 2.14kg :? Any idea on how much she should weigh, as i wasnt told that :?

I have cut her pellats, and upped her hay.

I just had some lionheads in (the stray's) they were only 1kg each, they were tiny.

Back