• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice please thank you

Vicx3

New Kit
Hi everyone,

Just a question i have a male neautered rabbit and have had my female done 2 weeks ago i have had them seperated while she had been healing and was wondering when i can put them in togther? i was thinking tonight and keep an eye on them this evening, they have a 10ft hutch n we have a divder in between at the momment since i have got her, they get on well no fighting or growling etc so i am quite confident they will be ok but i just wanted a second opinion aswell, they have both been in each other hutch with still now agression aswell.

Many thanks xxx:wave:

As long as her tummy looks, dry, and pink (not red) and doesn't seem to bother her, and the stitches look well healed, then you can go for it (Normally at 2 weeks the skin has almost healed over) Just be careful if they start tussling (fur pulling to decide who is dominant) her stitches could come lose, and make life hard for you. So watch over them really carefully, but I would probably begin to bond them now.

I wait about 2 weeks, if she seems happy and healthy then it should be ok. I put both rabbits into a pet carrier and go for a walk round the garden with them or a short drive in the car, I have found doing this first works better than putting them straight into a run or room together. After 20 mins or so i then put them into a run and stay with them, stroking and encouraging them, I also give them some veg to keep them busy :D most times the rabbits bond well together. :)

ps..I have never had rabbits fight in the pet carrier ;)

Back