• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can rabbits eat.....

Stalvros

Warren Scout
the following?
- skin of fruits,
- potato skin (as well as the potato)
- egg yolk
- stalk of spinach
- stalk of broccoli

Just wanted to ask beforehand~
There's a page i recall that states what rabbit can and cannot eat but i cant seem to find it now~

Last edited:
- skin of fruits, - some, such as apples or pears as long as they have been washed-
potato skin (as well as the potato)- No, raw Potato is toxic
- egg yolk - No-
stalk of spinach- Yes, well washed
- stalk of broccoli- Yes, well washed

:)

oh so they cant eat yolks?
i was reading this;
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080801041035AA2SWto

well, it didnt say that rabbits can eat yolks
but..... the question clearly states rabbits~

Its not that i have fed my rabbits the yolks,
just that im in the same situation as that dude who
asks that question~

Theyre asking about rabbits cos they have rabbits around their area though - its possible that a rabbit would try it but it certainly wouldnt be good for them, you definitely shouldnt feed egg on purpose.

If you read the answer carefully it excludes rabbits in the list of animals that eat yokes.

Squirrels and birds are omnivores/carnivores so they eat yolk. Rabbits are herbivores so they can only eat plants.

So no, no egg yolk for bunnies.

i wish they could eat yolk or beetroot, their little mouths would look so cute dyed yellow or purple!

It dont say rabbits can eat it there is enough GOOD things that are GOOD for Rabbits without giving them Egg Yolks :)

Back