• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

training, going well? maybe too well!

PrincessPeaches24

Warren Scout
:wave: well i decided to start training my 3 bunnies just for some interaction. i chose to train them to stand on their hind legs, this made them work for their treats, and i wanted to be able to prove that my bunneis were smart enough to learn a trick. (my dad is one of thoses "they're only good for stew" people! :( ) after only 2 days of training, im here to report that training is going well... extremely well... i now have 2 bunnies fallowing me around on there hind feet, nudging my legs and expecting treats. LOL :lol: and one bun, peaches who lays in the corner, silently laughing at me, trying to walk with bunnies standing up between my legs and in front of my feet!

im now trying to teach them that they only need to stand when i say "up up" and not treating them unless i said it. is that right to do?

has anyone else trained their bunnies to do anything, did you get the same outcome.. my bunnies are now so excited to see me walk in the room, they come hopping over and stand up soooo tall! haha, anyone who says bunnies arnt smart, have no clue! it took my buns a total of 10 minutes (5 yesterday and 5 today) and they know exactly what gets them a treat!

here are a few piccies! :p ive got tons more, but havnt uploaded them yet.
(sorry for the size, dont know how to make them smaller)
standupcomedianbunnies020.jpg

standupcomedianbunnies026.jpg

Last edited:
thats awesome... so how do you train a bunny who isn't interested in treats!!! :( I wanted to train mine soooo much, but they couldn't care less for treats!

have you tried raisins??
mine would do ANYTHING for raisins...
anything else, they couldnt care less.
also, i ONLY give them raisins for training, so they see it as something positive.
let me know how it goes :)

really? :eek:
ive never heard of bunnies who dont like food!? lol, would they work for pellets or veggies?
i think my bunnies would learn to fly for a raisin.. :lol:
maybe a different sort of reward? a nose rub?
there is lots of stuff about clicker training bunnies here

Great stuff. :D Are you still luring them upwards with the treat. If you are your next step will be to just get them to do it on command. As you say. :)
I taught Molly up but it's much harder with Faline greedy guts as she just nicks the food.

if i tell biggle to fetch his toy he will drag it to me but only to give it some loving though :oops: he rewards himself :lol: he come when called and will "up" and he come when called thats all i need him to do really oh and the firm "no" for which head goes down and i get the "sorry mom" look taken me 4 years mind

no, im not luring them with the treat, they just stand up all the time now. but i dont treat them unless i have told them to go up. i think they are starting to get it, :p
training session 3 starts in a few minutes!
wish us luck! :)

Awwwwww!!

thats awesome... so how do you train a bunny who isn't interested in treats!!! I wanted to train mine soooo much, but they couldn't care less for treats!

Mine dont get treats and I trained them with small pieces of cut up carrot/apple/melon or whatever :) x

how long should a "training session" be approximatley?
i just do it for maybe 5 minutes, until i run out of raisins, lol, and then we stop. i dont want them to get bored or frustrated about it. i want them to see it as time to interact with me and get some treats.
also, when you triained your buns, did you do it indavidually or with them all together? i find its easier in groups because they are less nervous of me, and more willing to do what i want..

Back