• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

aaargh!

Squizz

Alpha Buck
One of our buns, Rocky, has an obsession with coming in the kitchen, which is fine if we're there to supervise. Yesterday, someone left the back door open and he sneaked in.

We were alerted to his presence by a loud crash, when we went in he was running for the back door, and the barricade I'd put in place to stop rabbits getting behind the fridge had been destroyed.

There was a real smell of burning, so in a panic I look behind the fridge to see what wires he's melted against the element - all looked fine, but the smell was really strong.

I went to check he was OK and discovered the source of the smell it was singed fur! all the whiskers round his mouth have singed away - under his chin and all up his side all the fur was singed :shock: but he wasn't hurt.

Tonight, we open the freezer to be greeted with a waterfall. Further investigation revealed he'd chewed the fridge wire - breaking the fridge freezer. :shock: How did that not kill him?! So we've just had to buy a new fridge, in addition to the PC mouse / keyboard / printer wires we've had to replace because of him.

He is lucky that he is so damn cute!! :love:

Crumbs!

I think you can buy stuff to put round cables so they're harder to chew but I'm not sure where.

My lot don't chew wires when they come in the house, they just strip the wallpaper off the walls:roll:!

Crumbs!

I think you can buy stuff to put round cables so they're harder to chew but I'm not sure where.

My lot don't chew wires when they come in the house, they just strip the wallpaper off the walls:roll:!

yeah - we ususally insulate wires with hosepipe, but I didn't expect him to be getting behind the fridge - naughty bunbun!

:lol::lol:That has made me giggle. Just imagining his little whiskers all burnt. Such a lucky bun it was only his whiskers that were damaged.

Back