• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

louis doesnt want to go upstairs =[[

Louis Hutch Came About An Hour And A Half Ago And I Have Made It All Lovley For Him And I Put Him In The Run Area [Hutch Has A Little Run Underneath] With His Food, Hay And Playball. He Doesnt Have Seem To Move But I Dont Want To Force Him Up Incase Hes Scared For Life :(
I'm Leaving Him Alone Now To Get Used To His New Home And I Will Take Him Out Tonight For About An Hour Then Put Him In The Top Area And Close Off The Run Bit For The Night.
What Happens If He Doesnt Go Up Or Down?
Should I Be Worried? :oops::(

Emma + Louis X

My Crunchie wouldn't go upstairs when I first got her, despite having a ladder in her old hutch, so she knew the principle. I moved her upstairs the first day, and then she didn't go downstairs for about 3 days. Louis is probably just a bit confused, give him time and I'm sure he'll get used to it. Don't be worried, just pick him up and move him if he's not gone upstairs by nightfall.

I wouldn't be too worried and place him 'upstairs' tonight with something nice 'downstairs'. Its all new to him I wouldn't worry yet.

It took Charlie a while to learn how to go up and down a ramp. And until the other day when Mocha had to go in the cat carrier to the vets with Charlie, I actually saw her upstairs for the first time! I'd had her since May! Mine both spend 90% of their time downstairs or in their run. Upstairs will probably be used more in the winter.

See how he goes tonight.

Pheww Thank God - Im Such A Worrier :roll::oops:
I Will Take Him Out The Bottem Tonight - Watch Eastenders With Him - Put Him Back In The Top + Close Off The Bottom Till Morning :)

Back